Flood-to-Throw keychain light?

joe1512

Enlightened
Does any such thing exist? I think it would be handy to have a 1xCR123 or AA/AAA light that is small enough for a keychain (like the quark mini, itp A1,A2,A3, etc) but has the ability to go from flood to throw.

Ideally one would need to use a twisty to adjust the focus, and a clickie to turn on/off the light, which is probably one of the big limitations to designing an adequate keychain-sized version.

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
Romisen has an RC-29 thats AA and a cr123 that's its twin but I forget the model

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is. It's 1.7" in length and it's a clicky. From DX.

picture4kw.png

The flood-to-throw is fun and useful and it's fairly bright for button cells. I'm still waiting for modders or manufacturers to come out with better ones. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

juplin

Enlightened
The first(LR44 * 3) and second(AAA) focusable keychain lights counting from the most right
01-Family_S.jpg

Off-focus of LR44 * 3
3887971671_de9511d809.jpg

On-focus of LR44 * 3
3888766370_7ee519b118.jpg

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
sku? I too would love a keychain light with an aspheric. I don't care about the throw so much as having a keychain light with no hotspot.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
found em:
sku 26338
and a AAA one
sku 33326

seem pretty neat will def get one of each to try next time i order from dx.
However, I still am more interested in something like this that is just set to flood.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
I have the LR44*3 pictured above, and it's not terrible. has a forwared clicky. it's slide, not twist. easy to accidentally activate it - I don't remember any way to lock it out.

CPFnoob

Newly Enlightened
I read the reviews of both versions. The consensus is that it looks nice, but the switch turns on too easily, and the lens is not glued properly. I was first interested, but I'll pass .

Font size

Newly Enlightened
aw_14500_r2.jpg

Depends on what you call a flood.
I think it would be handy to have an AA/AAA light that is small enough for a key chain, but has the ability to go from flood to throw.
The NiteCore Ez AA puts out a pretty wide beam on low and throws a good spot at 50 yards on bright.
Ideally one would need to use a twisty to adjust the focus.
It uses a twisty to switch and also for on and off to get that small size.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
That LED Lenser K3 looks interesting. A bit big but manageable I think. I'm guessing it has at best a nichia 5mm though. Interesting light though. Thanks for pointing it out. A little research shows it has no regulation though and 15 lumens is not terrible but could be better. Now if this was a cr123 powered light with good regulation and an xp-g for around 40-50 bucks we'd be in business...

Last edited: