Help Please - Dereelight CL1H V4 - how to swap drop ins??

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys - just got the CL1H V4 with3SM and MCE in the mail today directly from Dereelight (took about 3 weeks). Along with it I ordered the XPG-R5 drop in so I could swap dropins and see if I preferred the MCE or the XPG.

One problem - I can't figure out how to get the drop in out of the light..:ohgeez: I took the bezel portion off and unscrewed the reflector but just the reflector came out - the pill is still inside the head. So I took the head off and looked from the back and there is the silver ring threaded in to hold the pill in but there are no holes in it to get a grip on it to unscrew it. Am I missing something here?

Also, the MCE emitter doesn't look totally centered to me (is that normal?). After staring at the computer all day maybe it is just me but I'll look closer later tonight.

The XPG-R5 dropin I ordered with this light that I specified I wanted to put in this light has a large silver spring on the base of it..? Where does that go?

I searched and searched and tried to find the answer to this and I feel like a tool asking what is likely a stupid questions but does anybody have any tips or a link to instructions with pictures?

I just don't want to wreck anything on my brand new light by doing something wrong...

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Carefully screw the reflector back onto the pill.
With the pill & reflector as one piece, wiggle the entire drop-in out of the chassis.
That's it.
p60-dropin.jpg

The pill was pressed to the body of light, & that's good for contact (heatsinking)
there is no unscrewing of that drop-in,...honest mistake ~ ;)

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much orbital - I got it. I was just scared to get "rammy" with it and break it. I got it out and can now switch between the MCE and the XPG.

Dang - now I can't decide which one I like. The MCE puts out a nice wall of light but the XPG almost "seems" brighter due to the increased throw.

Have to compare the runtimes of the 2 and see what the difference is. Both are quite nice and overall I'm super impressed with the light itself!