Use for "used" 123A's?

michael_aos

Newly Enlightened
Use for \"used\" 123A\'s?

I gather there's still a bunch of energy left in these 123A's even after they've been "exhausted" in a SureFire.

Any good LED uses for them to get that last little bit of juice out?

Mike

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Re: Use for

Mike,

Maybe a SureFire E1e/KL1 combo or SureFire E2e/KL1 combo would be good for this purpose. The E2e/KL1 combo would work better since you're using two 123s together.

Dan

hawkhkg11

Enlightened

And then after that, you can buy the Surefire 3 lumen battery pack light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

michael_aos

Newly Enlightened

Seems like mixed reviews on the KL1.

I do have 2xE1's, E1e, E2 & E2e though -- seems like I should convert SOMETHING to LED!

:)

Mike

robk

Enlightened

The KL1 is a fine, well made, fairly bright conversion on an E2 or E2e. It is not severely overdriven, the color of mine (#A00533) is a touch violet compared to my Q3's, but outside you don't notice it. I paid $27 used, well worth the price. Runtime is excellent - near 4 hours on 2x123. I have brighter lights, but there's something about a Surefire......
Rob

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Use for \'\'used\'\' 123A\'s?

If you're SURE they're pooped out you can put two of them in a UBH with one dummy cell and power an Arc LSx for hours.

DO NOT POWER YOUR ARC WITH TWO FRESH 123As!!!!
POOF!!!!

RY3

Enlightened

I find that a non-regulated led light such as X5 can use those spent 123 better than regulated one.

I had a pair of spent 123. I tried one in ARC LS, it doesn't light up at all. I put them in a X5 and it does light up.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want to squeeze the weak 123's further use 3 in a UBH with a KL1 or three in a 9P body with a KL2.

When I'm in the use-up mode, I check the cells on an old analog battery tester under a 160 mA load. When the 3V 123 shows up as equivalent to a weak alkaline AA cell its time to toss it.

I really got a kick when a formerly very active member, SurefireM6, aka Yoshi Yamamoto solved the problem by selling 55 of his used 123's on BST.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=107790&page=&view=&sb=5&o=

jtice

Flashaholic

I was thinking of using my x5t to use up my Used batts out of my Arc LSH-P....
But...GJW.... that is a GREAT idea!
I was wanting to get a 2x123 mcluck lail for my Arc grey kit anyway. I think ill use it on my LSH-P with 2 real low 123's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use a Rev 1 Arc LS (the one that had the 1xAA pack) I get very bright light for over half an hour. The old Arc LS is great for sucking those 123's and AA's dry.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Universal Battery Holder, made by Doug Speck...

fc1760d5.jpg

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Dead" 123s would be great for lighting 5mm LEDs for hours!!!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Used 123s have no use in my book, I keep them in case of extreme emergencies that I need all the power I can get. To me, I hate the feeling of having a super bright light and NOT have it operating at full brightness.Its like having a detuned sports car. Then I also think, what if I am in an emergency, and what I have in there is the dead battery?

tattoou2

Enlightened

Well, we can always send them to Maglights as a reminder that the more innovative and creative light manufacturers use them extensively in their lights.

hideo

Enlightened

think pretty much any 2x123 DD light can use them--been running mine in this slight distortion of a Dorcy Spyder:

thread

hideo