Jetbeam M1X tube extension question

Dr Rockso

Newly Enlightened
I have a Jetbeam M1X and recently decided to get the tube extension so that I can fit 4 CR123s or 2 18650 cells. The extension bottoms out before making contact, preventing the flashlight from working with the extension attached. I researched this problem and it looks like the extensions are different for different generations of the flashlight. There are also two types of extension, smooth and with "combat grip." Does anybody know if these different styles are associated with different generations of the M1X? I'm looking for the smooth type extension that will work with a newest generation light with a gray finish.

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
As far as I know, the "type" of extension (combat/smooth) is not associated with certain revision of flashlight. You can buy at BOG, combat extension in olive drab colour, which was limited to 3rd revision of M1X. You can also buy at their website smooth extension with gray finish, that works on 4th revision.

I have first, limited edition of M1X with combat extension and this extension does not work with my RRT-1. The same problem as yours. Probably you have similiar extension. Contact BOG and ask about proper extension for your model :thumbsup:

Dr Rockso

Newly Enlightened
That sounds like a plan. I bought the light from BOG in the first place, but got the extension elsewhere because I couldn't find it on BOG's site (just realized it's under the flashlights category, not accessories). Oh well...