Help with a Noob Surefire User

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

To start off this thread I have always wanted to own several Surefires and always like the E series but never had the money to jump on the bandwagon. I managed to get a cheap E1e body and Z57 tailcap over at mp and nabbed a KL1 head. This is me hooked, I have another brand new E1E and an E2e body and Z57 tailcap aswell as a KL4 and another E1e head, so my options are open.

I got my KL1 ribbed TIR head today and a bit dissapointed with its tint, beam is somewhat odd but I like it, I know its an old model but I grabbed it becasue I know they dont come up often.

I am torn between using it until I get my E1e head or keeping it fresh and sticking it up for sale. I might mod this at one point but would rather put a reflector in it, keep it or sell it?

Does milky still take on new projects? I would very mich like this milky modded, its a perfect ano match and a great looking head.

Also does the KL4 head have 2 modes controlled by the tailcap or is the actual mode selection in the tailcap? Does this make sense to you?

Thanks everyone I Love Surefire:twothumbs

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the "E-Series" heads have the multi mode in the head. Unfortunately, the KL4 is single stage only, along with the KL1. The KX2 and KX1 are both dual stage, so you'll need the KX1 for yours or the KL4 will work on 1x123 or 1xRCR123 at reduced output. You can however get multi mode tailcaps turning your old KL1/KL4 into multi-stage lights. Glad yer liking your SF's...this is only the beginning...wait til you get yer hands on a C2-HA. Are you in the highlands?

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup right at the coast 15 miles from inverness.

Was going to run the KL4 one my E1 body with 3.7V and the 2 incan heads on the E2 and it looks like im keeping the KL1 head on for now, im going on a long weekend racing our track with my dad so we will see how it fairs