Introduction with a AA light Question.

steven252000

Newly Enlightened
Hello there I am about to purchase a new light to use kind of as a backup to my Streamlight LED Stinger. I have decided on purchasing a small 1 AA or 2 AA light. Reason I picked AA lights is because in my patrol car I already have so many different things plugged that I did not want yet another charger to contend with. With an AA light batteries are readily available and inexpensive. Keep in mind this will be a backup light and not a primary duty light. There have been several times while conducting "road checks" that I ran my Streamlight down from full charge to dead so I decided to get a backup. Now.....I have narrowed my picks down to possibly two choices. First choice being the Nitecore D10. The second is one of the Quark AA lights. Now comes my question. With the Quark lights am I looking at it right in that I could buy the AA2 and also buy the AA body and even the 18650 body thus giving me the ability to have a single AA light, double AA light or a 18650 light? Just interchange bodies and use the same head? Please correct me if I am wrong on this. Thanks. Also please feel free to give me suggestions. Thanks

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something from the Fenix or Streamlight range would suit your needs both great makers and plenty of choice.

If it is just a backup light how about trying a Terralux,seem decent enough and really very cheap compared to the major brands,not read any bad reviews on any yet.

I would suggest a Led Lenser Police Tech but many here think Led Lenser are over priced and better lights out there for the bucks but Led Lenser have hundreds of retail outlets all over the world and in many shops that is the only brand sold.

I have 2 of the smaller ones and both are fine,never have a problem with either and great for extras like holster/carabiner/clip etc.

Just my 10p pence worth

Last edited:

OCD

Enlightened
You are correct regarding the 2*AA Quark and the spare bodies. You can also get a single CR123 body, if that battery type suits you. Makes for a very small package with the same output as the 2*AA.

blub

Enlightened
I think the Quarks are the way to go, so many combinations of heads, tails, batteries, all interchangeable with great beams.

steven252000

Newly Enlightened
Cool......Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards the Quark at this time. It seems it would be $2 cheaper to get the single AA ($57) then add the $20 AA2 body. The other way the AA2 light is $59 plus the $20 single AA tube. Hey two dollars is two dollars....lol. Do they make a small traffic wand type attachment or does anyone know of one that works? Thanks.