In the market for a keychain LED, suggestion please

bc62010

Newly Enlightened
As the title states im in the market for a keychain LED. Im pretty new to lights and would like some advice. I was thread hopping and someone mentioned the Fenix L0P-SE, Im not sure if they even make that model anymore but any halp is welcomed.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
you are probably going to get scolded for not using the search function because there are tons of threads on keychain lights here, but I'll give you some suggestions.

I actually carry my quark mini 123 as a keychain light but I guess you find yours too big?

If you are looking for AAA, check out the ITP A3 the fenix LD01, and the illuminati. The ITP A3 is probably the most popular at the moment due to its combination of features and low price.

Btw, the LOP that you mentioned is many years old.

If you want something button cell powered you can try the photon freedom or these guys from DealExtreme:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1253

I have bought tons of those and they are great super bright and have both a momentary button and an on/off switch. The batteries drain pretty fast though bc they are so bright, but they are great lights to give out.

bc62010

Newly Enlightened
you are probably going to get scolded for not using the search function because there are tons of threads on keychain lights here, but I'll give you some suggestions.

I actually carry my quark mini 123 as a keychain light but I guess you find yours too big?

If you are looking for AAA, check out the ITP A3 the fenix LD01, and the illuminati. The ITP A3 is probably the most popular at the moment due to its combination of features and low price.

Btw, the LOP that you mentioned is many years old.

If you want something button cell powered you can try the photon freedom or these guys from DealExtreme:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1253

I have bought tons of those and they are great super bright and have both a momentary button and an on/off switch. The batteries drain pretty fast though bc they are so bright, but they are great lights to give out.

Thanks for the warning, as of yet I have not recieved my Mini 123 so I couldnt say if its too big to put on a keychain or not, it looks too big for a keychain. I figured the LOP was discontinued. I quickly checked out the ITP and dont like the design too much. I hate to shoot down the button cell lights but I was never into the things lol.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I recommend waiting til you receive your quark mini, it should only be a few days, until deciding on any light because it is definitely bigger than a AAA light, but far less than you would imagine.

If you don't like the itp, you can as above mentioned check out the maratac, or the fenix ld01 or the fenix e01 if you prefer runtime over brightness. The illuminati is a nice choice too although its a bit pricier and titanium can be tricky with twisty lights in my experience.

Lastly you could consider a cr2 light such as the new quark mini cr2, although its also quite pricy imo. Most cr2 lights are pretty expensive though.

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
Just put my Quark Mini AA on my key ring today. It's about the same size and weight as the ignition key.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the PD10 because of the nice tint mine has and the throw is great and I like the UI of M/L/H on my keychain. I like my LD01 also but the PD10 is just so much brighter I carry it on my keys even though it is a bit bigger in mass.

I don't own any warm led's but the PD10 I own has the warmest tint of any LED light I have and it's a XP-E.

anonymoususer

Newly Enlightened
Check out my Fenix P1 in the CPF marketplace! It would
be a great addition to your Fenix collection.

choombak

Enlightened
itp a3 eos upgrade edition all the way.

My itp a3 eos upgrade "whines" on high, so won't recommend it. Plus the feeling is very flimsy for a $20 light.

If you haven't looked at Peak LED lights, then you should. My EDC is 3-LED snow-white brass Matterhorn (LUG style), and its the most beautiful light I've ever had. I have previously used Fenix E01, Nitecore EZ CR2-W, and Quark Mini AA-W as EDCs', but I like the Peak most. Maybe the brass, maybe the snow-white LEDs', but it has something to it -- something magical.

-Amarendra

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another big plus + for the ITP A3 EOS a terrific light and so very tiny for the money I do not agree with the above poster about the light being flimsy at all,I find it really value for money and have no issues at all and would gladly buy more of them as a nice gifting light..Fenix EO1 like another poster said if you want long run times.

Also Led Lenser K3 is a nice keychain light and has a blue moon focus thingy to play with.

Purely as a truly tiny and very effective key light the Streamlight Nano and its bigger brother the Keymate are also worth looking at.

I collect Key chain type and a nice one is also the Led lenser P3 but I really think it is to big for keys but I clip mine to a lanyard and give it a turn every week.

Last edited: