Anyone know if Molle light will ever be made again?

enlightenme

Newly Enlightened
Any manufacturer intends to produce/reproduce the MOLLE light originally made by Pentagonlite? I have a single one, but really wanted to purchase a small number in GLOW IN THE DARK for myself/family/friends. I really love that light.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Re: Anyone know if :

I don't think so... after their patent violation and lawsuit, I can't imagine any reputable manufacturer wanting to risk taking over tooling or re-issue a similar design. Doing so under US patent law might also be illegal (???).

They show up every once in a while on ebay, and the marketplace. A google search might uncover some NOS material... somewhere.

Post a WTB thread on the marketplace and see if you get any hits.

Good Luck in your search!!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really like my Molle light. I wish I would have bought a couple more when I had the chance. BTW, what LED does the Molle light have?

ypsifly

Enlightened

Wow! I didn't know they were discontinued. I bought the last one at a local gun shop last year. Great light. I run a Nimh in mine and use it around the house.

I did a quick search to see if any were available online and came up empty handed but one site said it uses a .5 watt led. Maker not listed.

DM51

Flashaholic

Please change your thread title to give a better indication of the topic to be discussed. Incomplete titles like this are annoying and just waste people's time.

enlightenme

Newly Enlightened

DM51:
Apologies for the inappropriate format. It will not happen again.

Enlightenme.

PS
Maxpedition shows this item as out of stock.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
That whole patent thing didn't have anything to do with the MOLLE light, just some of PL's other lights. The LED I believe is a Nichia of some sort.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
That whole patent thing didn't have anything to do with the MOLLE light, just some of PL's other lights. The LED I believe is a Nichia of some sort.

Correct. OP, my comment above was my speculative opinion about the business risks... and not the details of the lawsuit itself.