Who normally runs an MN02 bulb in their E2e?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
most would rather use a KL1 if they wanted that kinda light output, since it offers a regulated and whiter light output /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the only area the KL1 would be lacking in is throw.

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
Me neither. I don't see the point in spending that much money for flashlight and batteries to get the light output of an ordinary store flashlight. If they made an MN04, I would put that in my E2e. Being excruciatingly bright is what a Surefire is all about.

pahl

Enlightened
Wow, I was just going to ask this question myself.
Today I received the MN02 and I like it. It is brighter then I thought. The center spot is smaller then the MN03 LA, but the smaller spot of the MN02 seems just as white and bright at close range.
The MN02 seems to stay much cooler also.
I'm also getting the KL1 and it maybe here Saturday morning.
If the light from the KL1 is not very "white" looking I will be running the MN02 in my EDC E2e-HA.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an MN02 in my old E2. I like it a lot, but don't use it as much now that I have my green L1. The KL1 does not put out enough throw for my usage, so I found them MN02 25 lumen bulb to be a nice compromise between brightness/throw/runtime.

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FNinjaP90 said:
Me neither. I don't see the point in spending that much money for flashlight and batteries to get the light output of an ordinary store flashlight. If they made an MN04, I would put that in my E2e. Being excruciatingly bright is what a Surefire is all about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the MN01 in a E1 series light can even compare to the light output of an ordinary store flashlight.
All the MN series lamps are much better.

If your using the MN01 or MN02 for close up work the light output is great. If you need a light for long distance I would say the MN03 is the starting point and the P series lamps are even better.

If you are going through a couple sets of batteries a week in your E2 with a MN03 such as I am and you really don't need that much light output for what you are using the E2e for then the MN02 is worth it because you get twice the run time.

It all depends on how you use or light and if it's the only one you carry or not.

paulr

Flashaholic
You could consider the UKE 2L as an alternative to the E2e/MN02. Brightness is similar, beam is not quite as smooth, but the light is much cheaper, weighs quite a bit less, and is more waterproof and probably more durable.

pahl

Enlightened
I don't see the UKE 2L in the Surefire catalog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just kidding, who does make the UKE 2L?
More durable then the Surefire E2e-HA, really?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Underwater Kinetics (UKE)

It's a fantastic little flashlight. In fact, I used it last night as it's got a glowring attached to it so I found it in the dark.

I've not compared the durability of the UKE 2L and E2e-HA but I'm pretty sure that where the UKE 2L misses out on output, switching, EDC-ability and coolness, it will win on durability and waterproofness (It's intended as a backup, backup divelight I believe).

I am very happy with my UKE 2L.

Al

pahl

Enlightened
I was outside tonight lighting up the tree tops with my MN02. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I'm surprised at how far the MN02 throws the beam of light. I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif