e2e and the beanstalk (lots o pictures)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
needing a break from the stresses of modding things for other people, i figured i'd take a "vacation project"

fba3037e.jpg

fba3037d.jpg

fba3037c.jpg

here you can see it standing up on a black piece. the piece is a shroud that (obviously) allows it to stand on it's butt, and also covers the switch from accidental fireing. i had no real plans to use this piece (even with the beanstalk on), but as it turns out, i really like it!

fba30378.jpg

fba30377.jpg

here is how i accomplished electrical contact for the e2e head. the middle thing is a minimag tailcap spring, and the other piece is an aluminum "collar" i made.

fba30374.jpg

this shot shows where you screw the head on at.
i "milled" a groove out of the delrin head with a drill and rotozip bit for the negative wire to go through without interfering with the positive contact.

fba30372.jpg

here is where you screw the body in. it's a dead lamp assembly (kindly donated by a fellow cpf member) i soldered the wires onto it to connect to the e2e with.

fba3036e.jpg

you get funny looks when you edc it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

the 2 pieces were made of black delrin, and connected together with locline. it can be bent to plenty of useful shapes, and should be waterproof. but that doesn't mater much, since i've never trusted sf's in the water anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i decided to use 8 loc-line segments, because it allows the head to go in viturally every direction, but not be too long when it's straight.

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: e2e and the beanstalk

Very inovative Roth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Even though, slightly funky looking...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

thanks ticey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

wow, i haven't seen that! leave it to don to beat me to the punch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (though i do think mine looks a little better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

i'm not too worried about the delrin. it's pretty tough stuff, and i never use my e2e for very long burst anyway (20sends max).

the real application for this stalk, would be to position the light in such a way while i perform a task (like fixing a computer, or plugging something into the back of the tv) and for something like that, i wouldn't use my e2e anyway....too short of runtime.
if i had a kl1 (or kl4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ), this would be a very practical solution.

as it is, this was pretty much just for fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice one Roth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Would be very useful too!! All you need now is to put an amber LS into another host (and make another set of 2 lights) and you can get out on the freeway and hold your place in traffic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

that would be useful! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif