Weapon light for HK MP5?

IcantC

Enlightened
Hi guys I need helping getting a light for my MP5. I have been searching around but not much luck. A few things I would like
1) Reliable(I always test my light before any mission, I have had my Dereelight DBS flicker/turn off. It has only done this anytime I am searching a house or about to make entry :/.)
2) LED
3) Need brightness/beam for clearing rooms
4) I hope it can use RCR123s, otherwise no problem.

I did find this thread, but not much luck.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194814&page=1

Thank you!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out a Surefire dedicated fore-end on the web-site under the "weaponlights" section...Tough, reliable, and the best C.S. in the business. If the dedicated fore-end isn't down your alley, you can still get the attahcments to connect a 660 to it so you can swap the LED modules around and get one that suits your needs.

http://www.surefire.com/LED-Momentary-On-Switching

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire 628F or 628LMF. Do you have a suppressor? If so, you will probably need an A17 offset adapter.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
If you don't want to go down the route of the dedicated forend, I would suggest a Surefire M600C scoutlight.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. You could use a SureFire M18 mount base (a glorified section of Weaver rail) and an M10 ring mount to hold a compatible light (1" diam body), or some other ring if your light has a different diam.

If your MP5 has the old style slim fore-end, I'd probably go with the SF 628 series weaponlight fore-end. It is an effective fore-end to keep your hand from cooking during sustained full auto fire. Plus, the slim fore-end doesn't have good flat spots to attach the M18 mount base. Of course, for the price of a 628 weaponlight, you can afford to go out and buy a current MP5 plastic fore-end if you want to take the M18/M10 type of mounting route.

Ergonomically, I think that the dedicated weaponlight fore-end is going to be much superior to any bolted on light.

MP5withsuppressor-1.jpg

MP5suppressorcloseup-1.jpg

Last edited: