My newest flashlight!

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
"now that's a real flashlight!". haha..yaaa...lets see how it fares against 99% of the lights on CPF. I guess it is pretty cool though..definitely handy!

daimleramg

Banned
T-Mobiles HTC HD2 is garbage compared to Sprints HTC HD2. The advatanges are...

Sprint has 4G vs T-Mobile 3G
Sprint has HDMI output vs T-Mobile n/a
Sprint has 8megapixels vs T-Mobile 5megapixels

Also there are phones out with Windows mobile 7.0 and 6.5 is already outdated. Long story short this phone made its international appearance back in Nov 2009 so it isn't really new.

McAllan

Enlightened
It's nothing really new.

My Nokia 3200 and the newer 1200 had a "real flashlights" at the top.
Comparable to from what I remember a small number of E01. Somewhere between 2 to 4 from my memory. Not extremely bright but still very usable.

For many other phones you can get small programs to light the flash LEDs at will. Like the programmers kindly reminds you - the flash LEDs are most likely not cooled very well (as there's no need to when just used as flash) so limit max length of use. However nice to see a manufacturer to actually have implemented proper cooling to allow LEDs to be used like a real "powerful" flashlight.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I agrree, except for a few things, the Sprint EVO isn't going to be out till this summer, I'm on T-Mobile with T-Zones grandfathered ($5.99 internet), I have no use for HDMI output on a phone (have the VGA adapter for my Toshiba E805 but NEVER used it once!).

I'm a long time Windows Mobile user so I have a ton of software for it, most should work as I'm using a Dash right now, and there is a port of WM7 already for the HD2 by some Russians, 5 buttons and all: http://gizmodo.com/5503781/windows-phone-7-series-rom-spied-running-on-htc-hd2

Anyway, I'll keep it for a while and upgrade when I get tired of it. I've had my E805 for 5 years and my Dash for 3.

Oh, and if that LED isn't something decent like and XP-G or similar it'd make an awesome project to mod :)

Marc

T-Mobiles HTC HD2 is garbage compared to Sprints HTC HD2. The advatanges are...

Sprint has 4G vs T-Mobile 3G
Sprint has HDMI output vs T-Mobile n/a
Sprint has 8megapixels vs T-Mobile 5megapixels

Also there are phones out with Windows mobile 7.0 and 6.5 is already outdated. Long story short this phone made its international appearance back in Nov 2009 so it isn't really new.

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a sony c510 that i can turn the led on in video mode. it's good enough to see.
when i used to have a c902, that was great. it was as bright as a h501w on high and with similar warm colors.
my older sony cell actually had a feature labeled as flashlight. they dont do it with the new ones. i think because it can really drain the battery in quick time.

i like that they did a 3 mode output so it looks like they were really thinking as a flashlight not as an afterthought. now i wonder if you can swap out the led :p