Curious About ARC LS Seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop

Enlightened
After buying a "number" of ARC LS lights in all the different iterations I placed an order for some of the ARC AAAs for $14, along with some 123 Twisty Tail Caps and an ARC LS second. Quite candidly I was looking for a "head" unit to go on a McGizmo special E1 HA that he machined to accept the ARC.

Hoping to win the lotto and get an ARC LSH~ P second. I understand all about not getting to pick and choose, but what I got was kind of surprising /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif When I opened the Fedex box today I saw a two toned ARC LS with the clickie tail assembly dark and the light a verypale colored, almost grey. The surprise was that the casing said LS1-35xx. Not sure if that means I have an LS rev1 casing and light or an LS1 with Rev2 electronics??? Any easy way to tell other than hook up one of my 1AA battery tubes? I do have another ARC LS1 Hybrid that a talented modder on CPF installed Rev2 electronics in and from what I can see I don't think this second is a Rev1. Anybody else gotten one like this lately?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the + terminal on the head. If it's a button (protrudes) then it is the Rev2 circuit. If it is flat, then it is a rev1, which should work on a single AA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Raindrop

Enlightened
CM,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes it does have a sort of raised button that is like my other Rev2 lights. Now the next question is determining whether it is a low or high and standard or premium. I don't have my Premium LSH~P with Q4J home to compare it against but it does have very tight hot spot compared to my LSH-S with just a hint of green so I assume it is probably a high and not a premium.

I am still curious how I got a Rev1 casing this late in the game though, second or not? I guess it only makes a difference in terms of what type of LED I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.