Twin-Task 2 Cell Lithium Flashlight?

vic40204

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, what are your thoughts on these? Are they any good? I do not know a lot about lights or the newest technology and appreciate any input. I can get one for around $30.00 good deal or are there better choices.
Thanks Vic.

• Powered by two 3 volt CR123A lithium batteries with a shelf life of
  • nearly 10 years (included)
  • A high-pressure xenon bulb; plus 3 ultra bright, white, 100,000-hour life LEDS
  • 72 lumens typical with xenon bulb; 25 lumens from 3 LEDs
  • Up to 2.5 hrs. run time (xenon); up to 28 hrs. (3 LEDs)
  • 1.33" (D) x 5.43" (L)
  • 5.44 oz.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a really old model by today's standards, and that price is too high. Do some research before buying. Really consider if you want an incandescent light, or a LED light. Plus these can't run rechargeable batteries. I own a couple of these and I never use them.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I used to consider these a poor mans A2, but now after owning an A2... No way, Its not even close.

The one nice thing about lights like this is that the beam pattern changes from spot to flood depending on which mode you use.

I think a better option would be to get two separate lights. A solarforce L2 and add a SF P60 module. The L2 sells for $13 at Lighthound and I have seen P60 LAs go for around $8. Add a fenix E01 to cover your low lumen LED needs.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a really old model by today's standards, and that price is too high. Do some research before buying. Really consider if you want an incandescent light, or a LED light. Plus these can't run rechargeable batteries. I own a couple of these and I never use them.

That's incorrect... I own an array of LED/Incan hybrids including a Streamlight TT-2L and they can indeed fit an 17670 sized Li-Ion rechargeable cell which feeds the original bulb respectably, the LEDs are really easy to swap out for a unique/personalized application an example of which can be seen HERE :thumbsup:

It'll never directly compare to a Surefire A2 but bang-for-buck they are quite a nice little light IMHO, I really like the LED's independent operational configuration ;)

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you can run a 17650 battery, but you do not get the full output which defeats the purpose of trying to have a bright incandescent for high and the LED's for low output. If he really wants a inexpensive hybrid then yes it would be good, but there are so many choices out there. I tried to sell mine cheap on CPFM and nobody jumped at this light. That tells you how much demand there is for this light.
That's incorrect... I own an array of LED/Incan hybrids including a Streamlight TT-2L and they can indeed fit an 17670 sized Li-Ion rechargeable cell which feeds the original bulb respectably, the LEDs are really easy to swap out for a unique/personalized application an example of which can be seen HERE :thumbsup:

It'll never directly compare to a Surefire A2 but bang-for-buck they are quite a nice little light IMHO, I really like the LED's independent operational configuration ;)