L4 Lumamax holster

KSMike

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, new guy here. Well, I've lurked as a guest for years but just registered.

I've been trying to find the best L4 holster and came across this thread:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/printthread.php?t=91381

...but it's so old either the links are broken or I can't find the products recommended (like the A2 at SOEGear).

I've worn my L4 on my jeans pocket using just the belt clip on the light for a long time, but my wife gets all over me because it tears up my jeans (and, it gets expensive). I bought the SF QD holster but IMO it's about twice the size it needs to be. I'm looking for something that holds the light securely (vertically) without adding any more bulk than necessary. I know some use the Mag AA holster but I'm not sure I'd be happy with that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I miss having my light with me. :mecry:

Mike

nbp

Flashaholic
This is my hack fix for this L4 issue, using what I had around. It isn't necessarily the best looking, but its cheap and it works fairly well.

You can use a Fenix P3D holster for the L4. Obviously, the head on the L4 is quite a bit larger than the Fenix, and the L4 is longer, so it doesn't 'submerge' in the holster, but basically the whole body fits in there, and extends to the bottom of the holster, and the 'shoulder' of the light rests on the stretchy part of the holster side. The clip then hooks the side as well. It seems pretty secure to me.

I would assume the new PD30 holsters would work too.

KSMike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks NBP. I'm surprised there aren't more model-specific options for the L4.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Spec-Ops adjustable "Super Sheath", seen here: http://www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=15

Works for my L1/E2E/and L4. You can adjsut it for larger/smaller lights, rig it vertically or horizontaly, and rig it to any MOLLE Compatible Vest. Plus, they make very rugged and durable gear. :welcome: BTW!!!

EDIT: I'll get some pic's up for you in just a sec.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some pic's of my L4 in the Spec-Ops Super Sheath KSMike:

The top pic, it's sitting out a little, and in the bottom fully seated...

HPIM0477.jpg

HPIM0476.jpg

Hope this helps...like I said, this Spec-Ops brand stuff is pretty good gear...

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey angel, why is the part below the scalloped area of your L4 at the base of the bezel look so blue? Mine is much more greenish. Is it just a glare or something in the pic or is it really like that?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed that to nbp...my L4 is a good brown, except that part, which appears dark grey under "blue" (LED) lighting...which in turn makes it appear "blue" with the flash. Funny though, cause it appears to match under incan lights. It's not as blue as it looks in the pic though...anomalies...

nbp

Flashaholic
Ahh, I see. Now you got me thinking though how cool it would be to have my L4 in a dark blue ano....man that would be neat looking! My L4 is actually pretty green for natural, but I like it. To have it done in a dark slate blue would be sharp. Haha, well, maybe someday there'll be more choices like that easily available in HA.

KSMike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Angel! That looks like a great choice. A Super in coyote brown is on the way.

Mike

Last edited: