Some Cheap EverLed hosts.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
2D Garrity Rubber Tuff Lite
2AA Garrity Rubber Tuff Lite
Black & Decker Spotliter, a 2 cell equivalent rechargeable light

When I first got some EverLeds I put them into 2 Tec40s and was quite pleased with the beams, now I'm kinda dissapointed with the Tec40s.

The 2AA puts out a broad hotspot, it's close to twice the size of the Tec40s hotspot and BRIGHTER! The hotspot is pretty even throughout, only some minor artifacts. There are a few rings between the hotspot and outer corona and the outer cornona is fairly dim and smooth with artifacts around the outermost edge. For 4 bucks I'm quite happy with it, waterproof to boot.

The 2D has a fairly narrow beam and like the smaller AA light has only a few artifacts in the main hotspot, a dark and a light ring around the hotspot and then a smooth cornona with a few artifacts. I really like this one as it gives the Everleds a good amount of throw and should have oodles of runtime. Almost forgot it appears to have a metal reflector so it should offer a bit of heatsinking.

The Black & Decker light is cool mainly because of it's narrow beam. It has a 3 1/2inch diameter smooth reflector and gives a beam more narrow then my 4D mag. It produces a nice tight round spot and believe it or not a square corona.
The batteries in this particular light are pretty much shot, they barely last a day when off the charger but the EverLeds light up full blast with them.

None of these are really EDC lights unfortunately, guess I'll have to continue my search for a narrow beam pocketable light to house my EverLeds.