Problem with iTP EOS A3 Upg.

JoVo

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
I own a ITP A3 EOS black aluminium flashlight that I carry in my jeans' pocket for every day use.

The following problem occurs: When I have not used the light for two or more days it will not turn on (sometimes it flickers or does not give any light at all) the next time I fasten the head. I have to open it and rub the body's contacts and the battery on some piece of cloth (t-shirt) to make it work. But sometimes even this does not work. :-(

I have already tried different types of (full!) batteries and I also tried with some piece of fine grain sand paper to make the contact really shiny but it did not help.

It would be very nice if you could give me any advice. Thank you!

Regards,
Jonas

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!
I own a ITP A3 EOS black aluminium flashlight that I carry in my jeans' pocket for every day use.

The following problem occurs: When I have not used the light for two or more days it will not turn on (sometimes it flickers or does not give any light at all) the next time I fasten the head. I have to open it and rub the body's contacts and the battery on some piece of cloth (t-shirt) to make it work. But sometimes even this does not work. :-(

I have already tried different types of (full!) batteries and I also tried with some piece of fine grain sand paper to make the contact really shiny but it did not help.

It would be very nice if you could give me any advice. Thank you!

Regards,
Jonas

In the bottom of the body is a spring ... Pull it out and open it up a bit so it fits more tightly into the body ... If it isn't this then it might be a bad contact at the head end ... I usually also rub the battery ends on a piece of cardboard to clean them.

Good Luck.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also try a glass fibre battery pen to clean the battery ends,shop around they are not so expensive and very very handy for batteries and terminals.

joe1512

Enlightened
Good advice. It sounds like you have pretty much eliminated the head contact as being the problem. So yeah, checking the contact with the spring is definitely worthwhile.

Just as a FYI, be sure to use either rechargable AAA such as eneloop, or an Energizer L92 Ultimate Lithium. THey wont leak, and will last a lot longer at the high currents the itp A3 can pull.

cistallus

Enlightened
By the way: :welcome:

If none of the other suggestions help, maybe the problem is within the head electronics section, which doesn't look very accessible.
If so, the instruction booklet says their warranty is 30 days for the iTP distributor to replace it unconditionally, or 2 years for iTP themselves to repair or replace it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way: :welcome:

If none of the other suggestions help, maybe the problem is within the head electronics section, which doesn't look very accessible.
If so, the instruction booklet says their warranty is 30 days for the iTP distributor to replace it unconditionally, or 2 years for iTP themselves to repair or replace it.

Plus of course you add your own countries rules on a warranty claim as well.

JoVo

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

Thank you for your kind replies.

I solved the problem by pulling out the spring and stretching it a bit. Now the contact problems are gone!
I contacted (email) the dealer already a week ago but he didn't respond.
Here in Germany the dealer has to give a two year warranty.

I feed the flashlight with Eneloops. Unfortunately, Energizer L92 are very expensive...

Regards,
Jonas

joe1512

Enlightened
If you have eneloops that works great!

The L92s are in case,
a) You need the light to work in extreme cold.
b) You want to save a bit of weight. (vs eneloops you might not even notice).
c) If you don't use the light very much!
d) if it is a gift.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

Thank you for your kind replies.

I solved the problem by pulling out the spring and stretching it a bit. Now the contact problems are gone!
I contacted (email) the dealer already a week ago but he didn't respond.
Here in Germany the dealer has to give a two year warranty.

I feed the flashlight with Eneloops. Unfortunately, Energizer L92 are very expensive...

Regards,
Jonas

In Germany should be a 3 year ticket not 2 but many skip the EU rules

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked the directive 1999/44/EG and it says that the member states have to ensure a minimum of two years.
Is there anything newer about that topic?

Regards,
Jonas

No nothing new,2 years they should most in Germany give you 3 but in the UK only 1 but should be 2.I always got 3 on all goods I bought in Berlin and never had a problem,my electrical stuff bought mainly in the big stores like Saturn etc,Aldi and Lidl always for computers as you got 3 years and even they do that in the UK.