Ultrafire WF-950L

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short news - Ultrafire is up to release new over $100 light. It's going to have SST-50, quite big smooth reflector and HA-III. Not sure about the power source but judging from pics - only one 18650 cell. Two pics of preproduction sample:

35040299.jpg

99650603.jpg

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Hmmm... looks promising. Looks like they improve everything on this light. Can't wait for the review. :popcorn:.

bspofford

Enlightened
I usually buy cheap UltraFire lights from the two bit Hong Kong sellers, but I decided to always avoid them when buying anything over about 25 bucks. Regardless of the cost of the light, they always send them in manilla envelopes with popped bubble pack as the only padding. Even "HA-III" lights arrive with chips and scratches. The bottom line is don't spend good money on a light that isn't shipped in a rigid box with foam peanuts or other proper packing!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Doesn't look like it has sufficient heatsinking mass or surface area to run the SST50 to anywhere near its full potential. IE... TOO SMALL

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
It also has unknown older brother - WF-850L. MC-E, 1x18650, HA-III, 17.3cm x 5.6cm, 3 modes (hi-med-lo) changed by ring(!), $62 shipped.
13787282.jpg

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already available at Kaidomain for $81,71 (product id: 10563).

jelsey01

Newly Enlightened
Just got the 950L from the UF-shop. I tried to get the 850L first, but they said there was a problem w/ the ring. I paid ~$85, and it hit my door in Atlanta in just eight days! By far the fastest delivery from HK I've ever seen. The light is awesome - very throwy with a very deep smo reflector and an awesome lanyard. The fit and finish are top-notch - maybe not quite Jetbeam quality, but definitely worth the money. I will comment more when it gets dark.

bspofford

Enlightened
Get a close look at the emitter and how it is mounted. My last UltraFire MC-E was floating in air--and I mean my last Ultrafire.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was thinking about buying the Catapult V2, I wonder if this will be a cheaper worthwhile alternative??

Any pics of it disassembled so we can see how well constructed and heat managed the pill is?

jelsey01

Newly Enlightened
Was thinking about buying the Catapult V2, I wonder if this will be a cheaper worthwhile alternative??

Any pics of it disassembled so we can see how well constructed and heat managed the pill is?

It is cheaper, but not a Catapult - or an M1X. It is the best thrower that I have that can fit in your pocket. I have about 30 lights, and this one is in the top 3!

BTW - no springs

Last edited: