2D Mag mod: 3xIMR26500, JimmyM regulator, WA1111 lamp

mrartillery

Enlightened
Nice build! I have a 1111 in the same color. :thumbsup: One thing I love about the 1111 is it has a beautiful hot spot even in my Litho MOP, more so than my 1185 IMO.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice build, thanks for the pics too.

One thing I thought I should mention though. I have used the ceramic fiber for incan mods as well, but still you should be careful about heat/extended run time. I don't know if a WA1111 is hot enough to do this, but I had a 64623 mod with kiu switch I was doing a continuous run time test on, after about 11 min the switch covered with the ceramic fiber was perfectly fine, but the New Gen Hybrid reflector from FM I had was cooked to death:poof: After that it put out a very minimal amount of light and had sort of a blue tint to it.

This is an extreme example of what heat can do even to quality parts, but I thought I would mention it since you are using a 50$ reflector.:grin2:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the caution.

Definitely with a Mag623 or similar build, heat is an issue. A buddy of mine ran his Mag623 for about 5 min continuous and that triggered the regulator's overtemp warning (set to 80C, and that is at the regulator which is under both the alumina insulation and the Kiu aluminum base). Fortunately, his reflector was not damaged.

The WA1111 runs a lot cooler than the big Osram bulbs do, but the WA bulbs still can get hot.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice build. Whenever I see incan mods like this, I always have the same reaction - so much light from such a tiny bulb.

Quick questions - the battery sleeve - what pipe size do you start with for the 26500 to D size?

Thanks

Harry

dannyk

Newly Enlightened
+1 on your build....:twothumbs so looking forward to scaring the neighbours with mine....:grin2:

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks that pipe size info. I realize now that this is really PVC conduit, not just conventional pipe - good to know.

I am toying with a 3S x 26650 in a 3D size light and the conduit pipe is one option.

Last edited: