Just Received My Quark 123X2 Turbo

Fpooner

Newly Enlightened
First off, this is my first post here so hello everybody. I have only been here a short time and can already see myself getting hooked. I just pulled my Quark 123X2 Turbo out of the mail box and I have to say I am enamored with the whole package. Now comes the part where I need to be informed as to what is acceptable to qualify as good manufacturing and QC. My light has a smudge under the lens that is actually quite large. It is like a line that dissects the lens into thirds. The picture below is as good as it gets for my camera. So tell me, what should I do. I am sure 4Sevens would be happy to fix this, I really just want to know how much QC deviation you guys find permissible. BTW if this should be in the 4Sevens forum, someone please move it.

DSCN0054.jpg

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're not completely satisfied, by all means, send it back. If not, you might regret it down the road. Especially if you decide to sell it six months from now (take a peek in the F/S forum in the CPFMarketplace to get an idea of how often lights are sold). You would have to explain this to potential buyers and show pics if you try to sell it, and any potential buyers would most likely expect a lower asking price because of the flaw. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
If it bothers you, ask for a replacement. For some people, a smudge on the lens may affect their enjoyment of the light, even if it does not affect performance. If you will enjoy the light less due to a smudge, then you should have it replaced.

If it doesn't bother you, just keep it. I don't think I have any lights with smudges on the lenses, and if I did I would not notice. I do not make a habit of looking "down the barrel" of my lights. And personally, dust or smudges do not bother me.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
That kind of stuff would annoy me a lot. I've no sound logical reasons to be annoyed by it but annoyed I'd be.

The difference is that I'd crack open the head and fix it myself since I cracked open both my own Quark Turbos to shim the reflectors but I'd not be recommending opening Quark heads as a general course of action.

If you are concerned by it then send it back since I'd imagine a case could be made for judging such a defect as unacceptable.