Sorry for noob question - considering T20C2 mk2

jt7747

Newly Enlightened
As far as I can see the Eagletac T20C2 mk2 looks to be as super kick *** bright as you can get in that compact size range. Would that be fair?

I already have the p20a2 mk1. I think the T20C2 would be a nice step up. I'd be getting it from here http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/eagletac/eagletac-t20c2.html

The big question for me is which battery system to get. I know this has been repeated ad infinitum in other threads, too many in fact for me to know in a nutshell, which will produce the brightest results: 2 x CR123 or one 18650? That's all I wanna know. It seems I can get reliable chargers for both. I don't really mind if one lasts longer than the other. I'd just like the brightest option!

I'm a college RA and when the kids start messing around outside there's nothing cooler than a blast of LED lumens to show em who's boss. To upgrade to 300 lumens from my current 230 would be super cool. The only thing I don't know is which reflector is shipped, it doesn't say in the link above.

Thanks

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
18650 of course.

1. Higher capcity. A single 18650 can store almost twice the power of 2x123s.
2. Easier to recharge
3. Shorter in lenght, some brands 2x123s might not fit in a 18650 flashlight.
4. Higher quality. I own lots of trustfire/ultrafire li-ion cells, and 4 of my 6 RCR123 cells have failed, most of them because of the protection circuit. My 18650 in the other hand, only one of 12 stopped working. This is the case of cheap cells.

jt7747

Newly Enlightened
I've realised the p20c2 would suit me better because it's lighter. But it won't take the 18650. Arrghhh!

So I guess I'll have to get the T version.

Or risk the P with 2 123s. Hmmmm...

Tedfs

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a T20C2 MKII XP-G R5 from EagleTac's site this week and per the specs on their page the light ships with a smooth reflector.

Smooth Precision Aluminum Reflector

You can buy an OP drop in, however.

jt7747

Newly Enlightened
I'm told the default is now OP. Last time I looked Eagletac's specs weren't up to date on their website

lebox97

Enlightened
umm, I guess you mean eagletac-USA who is an authorized EagleTac Dealer? :shrug:

for T20/P20 MKII Models -
LOP is default from EagleTac factory.
SMO is optional.

either configuration can be ordered from EagleTac dealers who choose to carry both configurations... (or, either drop in as well...)
So you should check with the dealer your ordering from to find out which one they carry if they don't specify it.

I have not heard of CR123's not fitting in any EagleTac CR123 light (or any CR123 light for that matter) :thinking:

IIRC BigC measured roughly same lumen output for both 1 18650 cell or 2 cells?

Cheers
Tod

I ordered a T20C2 MKII XP-G R5 from EagleTac's site this week and per the specs on their page the light ships with a smooth reflector.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I've realised the p20c2 would suit me better because it's lighter. But it won't take the 18650. Arrghhh!

So I guess I'll have to get the T version.

Or risk the P with 2 123s. Hmmmm...
But the P20C2 will take a 17670 cell. It won't have as long a runtime as an 18650 but on the P20C2 MkII that I bought from IlluminationGear (who I am very happy to recommend) it runs more than 50% longer on max with my AW 17670's than on pairs of my AW RCR123 rechargeables.

strinq

Enlightened
To answer your question about which will be brighter. Both 123s and the 18650 will produce the same brightness, but the 18650 will have a much longer runtime.

Timelike

Newly Enlightened

Yeah the website is not right. I ordered it and it came with the OP reflector. I contacted them, and they are shipping me a smooth reflector which should be here this week sometime.