18 V LED Ryobi tool-light???

LabLuvr

Newly Enlightened
Is there a PR type LED drop-in for the various 18 volt tool-lights that are out there? Ryobi, DeWalt, Sears, Rigid, etc. etc. These big batteries sure would be more useful if I could convert the light to an LED! Any ideas?

Tuikku

Enlightened
Somehow I recall reading something about modded worklights in here :thinking:

If all else fails, send your worklight to a customiser!

Last edited:

ama230

Enlightened
For a fact i kn ow that terralux offers one and it works up to 26v. Its a good upgrade to put out more light and offer longer run times. Then to state that this is typically going to be less than 200lumens which is still crazy bright. I would get one if i had a ryobi kit, but i do not. This is the only readily available, cheap and bright solution.

never mind scratch that here is the awesomest ever at the best possible price. :poke: Check it out at http://cgi.ebay.com/FUSION-48-LED-P...iewItem&pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item19bbf0bb34http://cgi.ebay.com/FUSION-48-LED-POWER-MODULE-DeWALT-6V-18V-/110527298356?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item19bbf0bb34

First of off and let me say that i just bought two and let me tell you the reason why... :thinking: I have the dorcy cyberlight worklight that I had purchased at sears here in mesa arizona.
Let me tell you the specs off hand.
Rechargeable - 4cell aa's in shrink wrap
I immediately put 4 of my tenergy [email protected] NiMh batteries
Its now at 2800x4 so that's 11,[email protected].
I has the nichia k1's in it and exactly spaced and beautiful behind a sexy reflector.
It use to run for 2hours and now it runs 4 hours and it has the whitest beam. These things are awesome, imagine a gs led the newest bin on steroids. They are atleast 120 lumens a piece and are a little bigger than the rigel which is another fan of mine.

I now only buy specifically nichia if i can since i own toyota's, honda's or nissan's. It only an opion as well so let me throw it out there and say that i like quality and i do not go less and so what if it costs a little upfront.

This led replacement will have an input voltage of 6v-36v and fully regulated. Then its a drop in for 99% of worklights.:D I had ordered two since 600plus lumens x2 is on the way so hurry up and grab the last and then that way he can restock and who knows it could knock down the price. I had payed $29.00ea x 2 and FREE SHIPPING so 58.00 minus $1.48= cheap and spectacular performance. Then i also gained $1.28 from ebay for ebucks.

Thats my opinion, but i am psyched:party:. Ill let you know on the review as ill show you these bad boys... : P

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
First of off and let me say that i just bought two and let me tell you the reason why... :thinking: I have the dorcy cyberlight worklight that I had purchased at sears here in mesa arizona.
Let me tell you the specs off hand.
Rechargeable - 4cell aa's in shrink wrap
I immediately put 4 of my tenergy [email protected] NiMh batteries
Its now at 2800x4 so that's 11,[email protected].
mah doesn't add up in series, only in parallel so with 4AAs you would either have 11,[email protected] (parallel), or [email protected] (series).

ama230

Enlightened
yeah sorry about that i was adding stuff up that doesnt make sense. Thanks for correcting me. Also the batteries are in series in the cyberlight so its really 4.8v@2800mah. So i stand corrected, but sometimes i get trigger happy and make flase claims.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
yeah sorry about that i was adding stuff up that doesnt make sense. Thanks for correcting me. Also the batteries are in series in the cyberlight so its really 4.8v@2800mah. So i stand corrected, but sometimes i get trigger happy and make flase claims.
not a big deal, was just trying to make sure you didn't think you were going to get 4 times the runtime suddenly it is a common mistake made late at night when you are on CF and cannot sleep ;)