1st post...

steve1541

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Deree DBS (3SM XP-G) today and I am pumped to try it out tonight. I already have a Streamlight Super-Tac and am hoping that the DBS will out perform it. The lights are for gun mounted, night time coyote/fox hunting. I used the Super-Tac this past season and it worked great out to about 150-175 yards looking thorugh the scope. No problems with the very important target ID. I just want a little more distance...and that is where the DBS will hopefully step in.

On a side note, I thought I would post a link to the LED light that I am using for scanning (one light for scanning for eyes and one mounted on the gun for shooting) It is an incredible light and is crazy bright on high. I use it on low all of the time and it burns for 20+ hours. Expensive, but worth every penney to me.

http://www.kcshounds.com/predator_lights.php

The advent of practical LED lights has changed predator hunting in a major way. For whatever reason, the LED light doesn't bother the critters. The days of red the red lens and huge battery packs are over for me. LED all the way!

Steve

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Welcome.....to a really expensive fun hobby!

dpd7wx.jpg

steve1541

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome!

Well, I got the light out for a little comparison. The DBS has a greenish/yellow tint to it compared to the Super-Tac. Both seem to throw about the same distance, with the S.T. having a definate more concentrated beam. Interesting...The DBS feels and looks better though.

Rage cage, what is your setup there? While I was out messing with the lights I was thinking that I might double mount them on my AR. One on each side of my quad rail might be the ticket.

Now I am thinking about ordering the aspherical head for the DBS.

How much more throw can I expect to get with it?