iTP A{123} efficiency question

MountainVoyageur

Newly Enlightened
Checking quite a few specs, it looks as if the iTP A{123} EOS series of lights are more efficient that just about anything else, as measured by getting a longer runtime for a given brightness. Much to my surprise, that remains true even with the new XP-G lights I have looked at.

I am worried that this falls in the "too good to be true" category. Are they really more efficient? Do they measure runtime differently? Do they report brightness differently (perhaps at the emitter, rather than OTF)?

If they are reporting something measured differently, how do I compensate to fairly compare them with their competitors?

Thanks for any help,
MV

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look for runtime charts that show brightness over time. It'll be a descending squiggly with %luminosity on the vertical and time on the horizontal.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
If they are reporting something measured differently, how do I compensate to fairly compare them with their competitors?
The only way to do so is to look at runtime graphs that compare multiple lights where output has been measured in the same way (i.e. relative to one another).

Fortunately, I just happen to that :whistle: ... here's a link to my ITP A1/A2 review:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=270917

As you will see, overall output/runtime efficiency at all levels on all batteries is pretty much about average for a Q5-equipped light that uses PWM for dimming. Current-controlled lights (e.g. Fenix, Olight T-series, 4Sevens Quarks) are typically more efficient than PWM.

:wave: