• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire U2 MC-E modded by milkyspit

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Lux-V Surefire U2 that's been modded by milkyspit to upgrade the Lux-V to a M-Bin MC-E. The beam is silky smooth due to the magic milky worked on the dome. Hate to let it go but I have student loans to pay.

I compared it to an EagleTac M2C4, with the U2 on primaries it's brighter than the M2C4 on High, putting it around 400lm if you trust Eagletac's ratings.

The light will take 17670s and the ring is silky smooth. I'll include a 17670 with it, the cell has about 50% capacity left.

Asking $285 shipped in North America (insurance extra). If anyone wants to do local pick up I'll drop the price (we'll do it over PM).

Illum

Flashaholic
What did he do to the dome?

Similar to something AaronM calls "acid etching" that roughens the surface of the dome to reduce the artifacts caused by the offset between the dies.
There is slight decrease in throw [in the KL4 head] but the beamshot is much more welcoming. Here is the difference:

Regular MCE
bjakv4.jpg

Etched MCE
m97hw4.jpg

Down the reflector in regular: see the leading black lines from the space between the dies?
2iram2v.jpg

Down the reflector after etching: see how even it is now?
20hkns2.jpg

Beamshots for the regular has a mess of artifacts in the middle and is actually noticeable outdoors. For KL4 mods there comes the choice to use a Ledlil Boom reflector designed for MC-Es. Getting that perfect collimation in a U2 reflector must have been a big challenge, but the etching should take out the dreaded donut effect as well. :grin2:

Milky's are a tad over budget for me, good luck on your sale! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

protodoc

Newly Enlightened
Too tempting.

The Surefire U2 is my favorite Surefire light and I always wanted to see what milkyspit is all about.

I'll take it.

Will send pm for payment details.

protodoc

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have always wanted my U2 modded to a MC-E but only if the MC-E had a nice low vf such as a W--S Lux V, to insure that it would run efficiently with a single 18650.

Bill