New ARC Order Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashfixate

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I just ordered and received my first ARC product. Very nice piece of work.

I purchased a ARCLSHP: Arc LSH-P Flashlight with the standard click-on tailcap.

I also ordered a LS123A: 123A Power Pack for Arc LS (the twist-on type).

I ordered this from a dealer (not direct from ARC) and I've emailed them these questions, but have not yet received a response perhaps this forum can help.

1. How can I tell I recieved a "premium" version of the light?
2. The twist-on tailcap does not seem to work, I can tighten it all the way down and the battery still "rattles" in the flashlight and the light does not come on. Am I missing a piece or perhaps have ordered the wrong tail cap?
3. The finish on the twist on tail cap does not seem to be of the same quality as the rest of the lamp. There are several scratches on the cap.
4. Finally, I'm interested in getting a number of Arc AAA LE's with custom engraving. Where's the best place to have this done? Can the engraving be done at the factory or can it typically be done post-sale?

Thanks

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. It should say LSH - P on it (P for premium)

2. I think you may have gotten an older version of the tailcap. They are not compatible.

3. Hmmm, I have no idea. Maybe a second?

4. I don't think you can get custom engraving... only for the red CPF Special Edition can you get engraving. Don't quote me on that - ask [email protected]

Dan

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 2 and 3...

The "twistie" tail cap is not compatible with all 123 batteries. Some batteries are just so slightly smaller and won't make contact with the head. The battery will rattle in the cylinder as well. There is a foam ring for use with the twistie to help with the rattle. Last but not least, most of the twisties left are not finished the same as the heads and a good number of them are "seconds" and will have blemishes and possibly scratches.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Making contact with the head wasn't usually the problem.
Some of the batteries wouldn't make contact with the bottom of the twisty due to variations in the twisty and variations in the batteries' shrink-wrap.
You could try putting a metal washer in the twisty to take up some of the slack or else build-up the built-in contact at the bottom of the twisty with solder.
The foam washers that prevented battery rattle are no longer available from Arc but you could improvise using your own foam or a Dr. Scholl's corn pad.

jtice

Flashaholic
Flash.......
Your 123 twistie pack CAN work!
I have 3 123 twistes, One is like yours and wont make contact with the batt.
There is an easy way to fix this, all you need is a metal object to take up the extra space.
I used aluminum foil for a quick fix, until I get a peice of metal.
You will also need to make a foam ring to place in the Arc head. This prevents the batt from rattling when not turned on. Also,, wrap the batt in alittle tape, so it goes in the 123 twistie snug.

{748CAB8C-B3A5-4445-9586-86300B1B1347}lg.jpg

Fell free to PM me if you have any questions.

Danger_Mouse

Newly Enlightened
Per the Website CPF ARC AAA's are still available with engraving for umm... $25.00?

I placed an order a week or two back for one as a gift for my best man. =)

flashfixate

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the post, I have already fixed it. I took a slighly different approach. Used a neoprene washer and a little metal "push nut", the domed part of which fit in the inner diameter of the neoprene washer but did not stick up over it. I glued the push nut to the washer and dropped the whole thing into the twistie. Works like a charm. Does not rattle even when off, and only completes the circuit with a good firm twist. I suppose the proof will be if over time the neoprene remains "springy". The nice thing about this approach is that the LSH-P remains un-touched.

Thanks for all the help.

-lc

Status
Not open for further replies.