RRT-3 Hidded mode

nvrdark

Newly Enlightened
Well hidden might be a bit overstating lets say undocumented.
I received my Raptor 3 a couple of days ago and on initial power up on low mode it sort of flickered up to a low level and then off and started over. I immediately thought crap now I have to box it up and send it back. I put a fresh charge on my batteries and poof no more flickering just a beautiful continuous low mode. Then While I was walking last night I was thinking you know that beacon sort of mode was kind of cool its to bad JetBeam could not have programmed that in. And it hit me, maybe they did, just like the low low mode in the RRT-0. So I tried it. Start in mode 1 quickly go to mode 2 and the back to mode 1. Sure enough there is a beautiful 10sec period 20%duty cycle 30ish lumen ramping beacon. I love it. A quick jump to level 2 and then back to level 1 and you are back to 1 lumen.
When I received my RRT-3 it came with no documentation and I saw nothing about this on the JetBeam website(at lest that I could find).

guggep

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if that is a one-of or if all of them do it - has anyone else been able to get that to work.

chef4850

Enlightened
I assume that you are talking about the first setting. On my light I did notice the light went off when I first turned the ring to the "standby" mode and then brightened and then went off. That was it. It didn't flicker only got brighter and dimmed once. The batteries were fully charged.

Chef

HKJ

Flashaholic
I wonder if that is a one-of or if all of them do it - has anyone else been able to get that to work.

All of them, it looks like this (Scale is in seconds) and the brightest part is maybe 40 lumen (if max. is 1200 lumen):
RRT-3Beacon.png

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,

Nice find on the "hidden mode"

Can I ask is the Raptor RRT-3 control ring plastic or metal ?

-Dan

The hidden mode works the same was as on RRT-0, i.e. not that hard to find. But JetBeam has forgotten both that and the thermo sensor in their specifications.

The control ring is metal, the same as all other RRT lights.