interesting issue with Quark AA

I don't think this is a defect but has anybody else noticed how the light behaves as the battery is very low? if you switch it off, you cant switch it back on right away? it takes a little while to power back on?? Why does it do this? anybody know? ALSO i have noticed that the turbo mode (using NMIH) is hardly any difference between high with the loosened head.. i twist the head and i hardly notice any difference at all,

Last edited:

Dan FO

Enlightened
Because the battery chemistry rejuvenates itself just enough to come back on for a short while. Change the battery before it leaks and ruins your light. Better yet, do not use alkalines in it.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your high-turbo observation is right. When running 1AA cell there is very little difference between high and turbo, barely recognizeable.

jcw122

Enlightened
Using NiHMs, I've never had the issue you described of not being able to turn it back on right away when the battery is low. When my batteries are low, it simply forces itself into low mode when I have it programmed for a higher mode.

Also, yes, there isn't much of a difference between 90 lumens (turbo) and 70 lumens (high). The difference is pretty big though when your in the 2xAA setup and the turbo becomes 170 lumens.