Issues with surefire E2L.

sphinx

Newly Enlightened
As the title says, I'm having issues with my surefire it's been working perfectly for years and now all of sudden I can't get it to turn on. Everytime I push on the switch it seems to just momentarally turn on and then off. Every now and then it turns on but not for long. I've taken apart the entire swtich and cleaned everything(Noticed everything was silver or silver platted Very Cool). I guess my next step would be to attempt to take the head apart is there anything else I could check before I do this?

sphinx

Newly Enlightened
Ya i've given that a try also, I've even had a wire from the negative part of the battery to the ground part of the head of the light and it still seems to be intermitent. I guess I will have to crack the head open. Could it be an issue with the actuall board in the head itself?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I guess I will have to crack the head open. Could it be an issue with the actuall board in the head itself?

Contact Surefire and ask to return it for free replacement or repair under their lifetime warranty. You may void the warranty if you tamper with it.

sphinx

Newly Enlightened
E-mail sent to surefire, hopefully I'll have a new light within a couple weeks.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Some people apparently don't get a very prompt response via e-mail from Surefire unfortunately.

If they don't answer your mail soon it might be an idea to give them a call.