Programming Retained After Removing Batteries?

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I'm looking at several lights with variable outputs where the output intensity can be programmed or stored within lights memory.

In particular, I'm currently looking at the JetBeam "Jet-III Pro ST BVC" model light.

I've read contradictory posts that state there are still 3 modes available for programming the latest version of the JetBeam light, but others say only 2 modes are available.

1) Are the stored outputs erased when batteries are removed from the lights, so you then have to reprogram the outputs you want? Or are the stored outputs retained indefinitely (or at least retained long enough to allow time to replace batteries)?

2) Are there still three modes available for programming on the (latest version of the) Jet III Pro ST BVC light?

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
In particular, I'm currently looking at the JetBeam "Jet-III Pro ST BVC" model light.

1) Are the stored outputs erased when batteries are removed from the lights, so you then have to reprogram the outputs you want? Or are the stored outputs retained indefinitely (or at least retained long enough to allow time to replace batteries)?
I'm waiting for my ST BVC to come in the mail (and I bl**dy well hope there's three levels as advertised) but certainly on my new Jet-1 Pro v3 I can remove the battery and the levels that I have programmed will stay held in memory. As far as I'm aware my ST BVC will do the same.

Fantastic UI, allows me to choose the exact levels I want and to choose the exact order (for me it's medium, max then low) and all from the tailcap with no need for a spare hand for head twisting. Since discovering Jetbeam, I'm selling off a whole bunch of my quarks and fenixes. No more multisteps accidently ending in the blinkies for this little black duck and no more two mode lights.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, do all of the Jetbeams have crenelated bezels or does Jetbeam sell smooth versions or a least replacement options?

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
My Jetbeams (jet-1 V3 and ST BVC) both have smooth stainless steel bezels from the factory. I can't abide teeth on a torch and I'd have had to take the grinder to them if they'd had crenellations like I did with my 2 Eagletac P20C2's.

I like my Jetbeam jet-1 Pro V3 so much that last night I ordered a second one just in case I one day lose the first.

meeshu

Enlightened
I'm waiting for my ST BVC to come in the mail (and I bl**dy well hope there's three levels as advertised) but certainly on my new Jet-1 Pro v3 I can remove the battery and the levels that I have programmed will stay held in memory. As far as I'm aware my ST BVC will do the same. . .

Thanks for that! This looks promising!

You've now received your ST BVC light? Can you confirm 3 levels of output can be programmed?

meeshu

Enlightened
Ah! Thanks for that additional information! That is GOOD news!! :)

As an aside, I am also looking at the Liteflux lights (LF2XT and LF3XT) because of their tremendous programming versatility and good performance. Unfortunately these lights seem to be unavailable at present. Although from some posts elsewhere (mp forum, I think), new stock may become available from the end of June.