Help! Copper plating an LF2XT clip

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been searching in the net (google, youtube...) a way for (home made) copper plating
a stock LF2XT clip but couldn't find anything that I can do. I think the material is SS but I'm not sure.

I tried with a copper sulfate solution and different currents but all I've got is a black stool that does not adhere to the metal.

Can anybody help me? I'm open to suggestions

I'm trying to make a clip for this beauty

Battery Guy

Enlightened
Anybody's gonna lend a hand? :candle:

Really sorry, but getting a good copper plate that is adherent, hard, bright and shiny is probably beyond anyone's capability to do at home. The secret is in the sauce, or in this case, the plating bath formulation.

You should be able to search online and find a company that will do this for you. Alternatively, visit a custom jeweler or goldsmith. They might be able to do this for you in-house, otherwise, they should be able to put you in contact with the a custom electroplating house that can do this for you. Based on the color in your photo, you may want something that is more red gold than copper anyway, so a jeweler or goldsmith is probably your best bet.

Cheers,
Battery Guy

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could anodize one of my Ti clips to try and get a good match, or at least a nice complimentary color?

Sweet light BTW.