What color is this ITP A3 light?

lovenhim

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I have a visual impairment and I can not tell what color this flashlight is. It looks dark grey to me. I am in the market for a keychain light for myself and my wife. Purple for her and I want an olive green or grey-ish light rather than black. The light is listed @ www.shiningbeam.com as natural.

A3Natural.jpg

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I have that exact light, and to me it is grey, I wouldnt say dark, natural sounds about right really. It is pretty close to Olive actually, but with only the slightest hint of green..

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I just bought six ITP lights as gifts and found going gear to have the best price for me. I also just ordered some new split rings from lighthound cause the ITP keychain is junk.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=181841
Going Gear - 10% off coupon code: ggcpf10 & free domestic shipping for orders over $49
ShiningBeam.com - 6% off code: CPFuser (details)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I just bought six ITP lights as gifts and found going gear to have the best price for me. I also just ordered some new split rings from lighthound cause the ITP keychain is junk.

Going Gear - 10% off coupon code: ggcpf10 & free domestic shipping for orders over $49
I bought a dozen of them last year and have decided to throw away the included keychain which caused my brother's wife to lose hers the day after she got it. Fortunately they found it out in the street a few blocks from the house the next day, but they'd be better off shipping them with a simple split ring keychain.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

You made me order another one - yes the split rings need to be improved .

I wish they would updrade to XPG - R5 too.

Last edited:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "natural" finish on these flashlights is anything but natural.
I have bought a few ITP and some LF2XT and never achieved the same in any color tone.
Even in the LF2XT was a noticably mismatch between the head and the tube...

choekstr

Newly Enlightened
My iTP A3 EOS is black. Jet black. It is the single mode so it is brighty bright and blackity black.

I thought the multi-mode one came in more of a medium grey and the single mode was black? I haven't reviewed their options since last fall though.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
You made me order another one

Now that's funny.

My iTP A3 EOS is black. Jet black. It is the single mode so it is brighty bright and blackity black.

I thought the multi-mode one came in more of a medium grey and the single mode was black? I haven't reviewed their options since last fall though.

They come in black as well as natural and 4 other colors.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I also just ordered some new split rings from lighthound cause the ITP keychain is junk.

Well that was dumb, I ordered size 6 split rings. My intention was to replace the split ring from the body to the chain however the size 6 is too big for this so I guess I'll have to order some size 5 split rings tomarrow. I was able to put the size 6 rings on the other end of the chain to replace the quick release thing though.

I really don't know why I didn't just get both sizes to begin with.

On a side not of the six lights that I bought five of them had the key chain that is pictured in the OPs post and one of them had a tougher design. I wonder if ITP changed there newer ones?

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~
Don't use the keychain that comes with it !
It is JUNK .... you can bend the links with your fingernails ! And the key ring comes apart easily , (cheap soft metal)

ONLY use the split ring that is connected to the body lug .

Using any part of the provided keychain will cause you to loose the light QUICKLY.

~

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size split-rings will definitely fit the iTP A2 and A3.

Outer ring diameter plus inner diameter plus wire thickness ... Is it worth opening up the hole slightly with a Dremel ? ... One of my A3s is stainless , the other is titanium ... One of my A2s is stainless , the other is alloy ... Any idea of the diameter of the holes ?

It looks as though the A1 and A2 holes are about 1.9mm diameter ... The A3 is smaller.

I would like a few split-rings in each size but I'm not certain what size to buy.

I think that Ebay will have to be my source ... Postage to the UK is always a bit high though from America even on a few split-rings.

Thanks guys.