Jetbeam Jet 111-M switch trouble?

BarryG

Enlightened
Had my Jetbeam out fooling around today and the switch started acting up. It's a forward clicky and when I tried to turn it on, it came on momentary when the switch was depressed but when released it turned back off. :fail:It did this 4 or 5 times then started working and back to normal.

Anyone else have this happen?

I haven't had this happen before with a forward clicky, do I need to contact bugoutgear and get a new switch? Would this be covered under the lifetime warranty?

Thanks,
Barry

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my Jetbeam out fooling around today and the switch started acting up. It's a forward clicky and when I tried to turn it on, it came on momentary when the switch was depressed but when released it turned back off. :fail:It did this 4 or 5 times then started working and back to normal.

I haven't had this happen before with a forward clicky, do I need to contact bugoutgear and get a new switch? Would this be covered under the lifetime warranty?

Thanks,
Barry

I am sure that it is covered. Which mean you get to send it to China (one to two months) and if it's over 18 months old you get to pay for parts.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I guess it will depend on how long ago you bought it but Bugout's might just send you a new switch, ask em. They certainly sell them. $6.95 each. I bought a couple just to ensure I had some spares for emergencies.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi BarryG.

Had this happen on a few JetBeam torches. I simply contacted the dealer and a new switch was sent out. However, in order not to have to wait for two weeks for the switch, I used a Fenix forward clicky and it works perfectly.

The only problem is trying to get your hands on a Fenix forward clicky. 4Sevens, or fenix-store used to have them but have not seen them for a while.

Hope this helps.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
A quark forward switch is very close to the Jetbeam III-m too. The switch itself is identical, the board maybe 1 - 2 mm less in diameter and the spring a little shorter but it should work for a temporary measure.

Jimdo

Newly Enlightened
"I am sure that it is covered. Which mean you get to send it to China (one to two months) and if it's over 18 months old you get to pay for parts."

This would be a rather long and not very well thought out method... simply contact your dealer (if they are at all reputable) they will simply replace the switch for you.... it is really not that big of a deal at all.
Even if you did have to send it to China (which you likely will not have to) it would not take anywhere near 1 or 2 months... more like 5 - 7 days....

BarryG

Enlightened
My brother had gotten it for me from B.O.G. as a gift about 6 months ago. I'll get in touch with B.O.G. and see if they will send out a new switch and if I need to have him look up the invoice.

Would the reverse clicky in my Quark 123x2 work in the Jetbeam? :confused:just wondering?

Thanks for all the help!!!

Barry

LightoftheMoon

Newly Enlightened
I had major switch problems with a Jetbeam M1X V4.

Someone replied to you and stated that Jetbeam has a lifetime warranty. This is false. Per the BOG web site, there is an 18 month free warranty repair service from the date of purchase.

However, in my case, I was sent a replacement switch and basically told "good luck replacing it". I was never able to remove the old switch and marred the finish on the tail cap in my efforts.

Bottom line: my $145 (US) torch was done in by by a $6.95 switch. No more Jetbeams for me - the so called "free warranty repair service" is seriously lacking.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

Thanks,
Barry
I had the same problem with a new R2 version purchased this week. Solved the problem by inserting needle-nose pliers into two (of the three) holes in the tail-cap assembly and turning a full turn anti clockwise. There is a retaining washer, but it
can still be turned. This worked first time: I previously had an intermittent mis-fire
with a Derelight CL1H V4 and on Alan's advise inserted a 2mm. plastic washer in
behind the switch; this also worked fine and hasn't mis-fired again.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with a new R2 version purchased this week. Solved the problem by inserting needle-nose pliers into two (of the three) holes in the tail-cap assembly and turning a full turn anti clockwise. There is a retaining washer, but it
can still be turned.

I'm surprised nobody's suggested trying that. It sounds like something that could happen due to a loose retaining ring. It's at least worth checking before taking further steps.

BarryG

Enlightened
I had checked everything in the tail before posting hoping it was something like that but no luck.
I took the stainless ring off the end, boot popped right off and swapped the switch<thanks Flavio!> and it worked like new.:party:

I'll have to remember the needle-nose trick for the future!

Barry