• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Mach 3 Titanium

rider

Newly Enlightened
Why don't Peak knurl or at least groove the Ti tubes? It'd make them a lot more interesting.

Curt R

Enlightened
Cost. AT $60.00 USD per pound Titanium in solid bar stock can get expensive plus the additional machining
time required. Thin wall tubing is a way of keeping the cost down to an affordable level. :broke: Thin wall tube
would not stand up to the pressures of a knurling operation.

Curt

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Bob - thanks for the reply. The QTC would make the difference for me. Great voltage range, Titanium, Twisty, Lanyard attachment point. I don't mind the smooth light body but the one speed thing I can't quite do (especially after watching the QTC demo). I'll watch this space. :thumbsup:

fyrstormer

Banned
Is it possible to machine a single reusable solid bar to just barely fit inside the thin-wall titanium tubing, to provide reinforcement while knurling the tubing?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased the Mach 3 Titanium with momentary on/off stainless switch. I dont care if it has a QTC or not.

I will do a review video and pictures on this when I get it.

bigC
Jose

manoloco

Enlightened
A Ti Logan 17500 QTC with a neutral high CRI XP-G with momentary and extra 2 mode resistored pill would be my perfect Peak light that could be made with parts available.

if you can keep that package with the prices of the Ti lights mentioned here it would be an awesome light.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just got my Mach 3 Ti and its not as small AA size as I thought. It feels alot like the Peak Logan 17500 but I will take some measurements and pictures later.

The momentary on/off works great and while I been running just a AA Alkaline it can still generate some serious lumens and I was really impressed with it. How the heck does peak make these so bright off just a single AA Alkaline???? I see almost 1A at the tailcap.

Its a perfect size and now I just need to source a Moddoo pocket clip for it.

bigC