SF E-Series Tailcap rattle

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
I noticed today that I can hear something rattling around a bit in the tailcap of my E2L only when it is clicked On. When it's clicked Off there is no rattle.

It's not the batteries moving around, I can hear it with just the tailcap.

This is my only e-series... is it normal for there to be something that is somewhat free to move around within the tailcap when it is on? Or is there something broken in there? Operation doesn't seem to be affected, but I'm worried that this is a sign of something going to fail.

Anyone think SF would send me a new tailcap without me sending in my old one, even though mine is still working?

I know the easy answer here is to just call Surefire, but I want to have an idea from the CPF experts if this is normal so that I have something to go on when I call them.

Thanks

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds normal to me. Of the 6 E series lights on my desk 4 of them, the tailcap exhibits some sort of a rattle when you shake the light while its turned on.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Thanks JP, good to know it's not a sign of something broken, since I want to be able to rely on the light. Guess I was just being overly concerned for my new light. Cheers.