S.W.A.T. What flashlight was not in this film?

glen

Newly Enlightened
Not the entire SureFire catalog, but a heck of a lot of models including hand held, but mostly gun mounted, were shown. Samuel Jack has what looks like an SurefireL4 and the bad guy has an Inova X5. Do these companies pay for product placement? Cool movie, make you want to buy flashlights, has 100 times more flashlights than in Bad Boys II, but not quite as entertaining as Bad Boys II.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Strange as it may seem, I am assured that SureFire were not involved with the supply of SureFire products to the prop department of the S.W.A.T. movie.

Al

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I didn't notice any SFs, EXCEPT I think there was a M6 mounted weaponlight on the M4 carbines, although I'm not sure. I wonder if anyone noticed that all of the lights in the movie were really dim? It seemed like they had mini mags instead of tac. lights...

glen

Newly Enlightened
Wow. You sure that they did not bribe the folks providing props for the movie? Half the movie takes place the dark. Every good guy and bad guy has a hand held light, and every gun has one. May the director just thinks it makes the guns look cooler, and then he also liked the night time look with fog and flashlights. There were hundreds and hundreds of lights in the film, mostly SureFires.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I counted about 50 SureFires in the trailer alone!

Most are M5xxAB/B Carbine WeaponLights. There are plenty of others on Shotguns and MP5 and handguns.

In movies, dark on screen is usually filtered and graded rather than dark on set. So the flashlights would look washed out and dim due to the contrast even when it appears to be very dark on film. At least thats how I believe it works...

Al

glen

Newly Enlightened
I assume all the ones on the hand guns were SF, and there were hundreds of them. The M16s also have what looks like M6s mounted. Also, SJ is holding an L4, and the bad guy is clearly holding a nons-urefire, the Inova X5. But, yes the batteries seemed a bit low on most of them.

Size15's

Flashaholic
M500B (M6)
m500ab_full.jpg

M500AB (M3T)
m500ab_full01.jpg

M500A (M3)
m500ad_full.jpg

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a product placement deal to me, would've taken place on a much higher level than just the property master, try marketing! Either that or they just happened to have a firearms prop rental that likes SF an awful lot.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
hawkhkg11 said:
I didn't notice any SFs, EXCEPT I think there was a M6 mounted weaponlight on the M4 carbines, although I'm not sure. I wonder if anyone noticed that all of the lights in the movie were really dim? It seemed like they had mini mags instead of tac. lights...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not seen the movie, but I have noticed on the X-files that a lot of the time there Surefire's seem really dim looking at times.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably messes up the lighting in the shot if they were using the lights full power. Back in the day, X-files used to utilize hand held spots and lanterns full blast with fog machines to good effect in certain scenes.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
About 3 years after the series started, I fecame a fan of X-Files. In several episodes, in underground scenes, Fox and Scully were carrying what appeared to be Maxa-beams! Maybe they needed that much light for things to come out right?

Larry

jtice

Flashaholic
It took me years to eventually, find this place, fall in love with it,, and then realize that the light that I loved so much in Jarasic Park was a Maxa-beam!

Lights ussually looks really good in the movies due to the fog machines.

Catman10

Enlightened
I personally doubt that it was product placement. If I was surefire and my lights were being represented as putting out like 10 lumens from an M6, I'd be quite unhappy.

Catapult

Enlightened
The movie had so many weapon mounted lights not because someone wanted it there, but becuase the actual LAPD SWAT Team generally has dedicated SureFire WeaponLights mounted on their guns.

Gotta love those SureFires.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta love LAPD! Except when they pull you over for speeding... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
About 3 years after the series started, I fecame a fan of X-Files. In several episodes, in underground scenes, Fox and Scully were carrying what appeared to be Maxa-beams! Maybe they needed that much light for things to come out right?

Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

They were also using mini mags during Season one, Somehow they managed to make the light output pretty bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Geoff,

OT, but my all-time favorite "space opera" was Bab5. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Menbari are awsome!

Larry

JOshooter

Enlightened
If I was the producer I'd rather have lights that look good in hands and on weapons than M*gs in thier place.