which light fits this description?

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
water resistant enough to use in the rain

clickie tailcap

runs on 2 lithiums

(something like a waterproof SF G2, but with a clickie is what I have in mind, does it exist?)

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF L4 - almost as bright as the G2 but a bit more medium flood-like and a whole lot smaller. Blinding daylight-white LED beam and a clickie tail cap as standard.

Just be sure to check its KL4 head for the correct gaskets. The earlier ones had some missing so would leak. Current versions should have this problem fixed and now should be submersible.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
IMHO Surefire E2e & Surefire clickie or G2 with
the clickie mod at The Sandwich Shoppe $14.50 (Kroll switch
with the metal sleeve for $14.50)

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
The L4 sounds great and I'm getting one for an EDC light, but I'm looking for a less expensive alternative just for back-ups for my Tigerlights...

the G2 or G2Z with the Kroll switch sounds almost perfect, but I'm just curious how water resistant they are.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I would doubt the water resistance of a SL Scorpion. It has no O-rings, and uses the rubber body to protect against water. The tailcap area of the rubber is easily torn and thus water gets into the switch, and the front seal can easily be compromised if the head isn't on tightly enough. I don't know if it has gaskets below the lens.

The G2 has a lens gasket, and 2 o-rings (one on the bezel and one in the tailcap).

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I should think that any rubber cover over a switch could be subject to abuse and tearing. The rubber cover on the SF G2 is not glued in place..just a pressure fitting. If I were worried about operating under water, I think I'd be looking at dive lights. Most lights are rain proof.

FNG

Enlightened
"water resistant enough to be used in the rain"

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Scorpions are both over 10 years old and still water-resistant.
I did a dunk test a few months ago when someone else questioned them and they passed with no problem.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have a G2 that has the Kroll mod from Dat2Zip.

I just held it at various angles under the kitchen faucet. I ran it right at the tail button for several seconds. I dried off the exterior, then opened it up. Dry as a popcorn fart!

Incidently, I found that my G2 will fit in the Schrade Pouch that my SL1L fits in. However this G2 is VERY VERY prone to unintended activation, and so I don't carry it that way.