What do you have on you?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now, at this very moment? None! But...I`m home, it`s evening time and I`m watching TV. There are however, about 14 lights near enough within reach! Mostly 1-led ones.
So many lights but what to do with them...I`m totally hooked.....really must start my own review site or something....
grin.gif

When I`m out or in work though, I usually have my enormous keychain with 2 Photon-IIs and a green Infinity (yes an Infinity on my keys!). I can`t wait to get my hands on an e2 (waiting for my bank account to recover from that 18-LED beast!) that one will definately join my Gerber multi-plier as a carry-all-the-time thing. Even at home watching TV.

tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry 2 Photons, 1 white in my Swiss Army Knife, 1 Turquoise with my Keys, a Scorpion inside the rings of my dayplanner, and a E2 on my belt, one lightwave on my office desk, An eternalight on my car, and a 9P by my bed, Just to mention a few, I could say that I need not walk more than 5 feet to get to a flashlight.

Would you call that an addiction ?
smile.gif

Regards !

AlexGT

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I'm at work, and on my person I have:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>ASP Sapphire, Blue, on front belt loop<LI>Photon II, Green, on keys in right front pocket<LI>CMG Infinity Task Light, White (Smoke case) in left front pocket[/list]

In my briefcase I have:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>2-AA Mini-Mag<LI>SureFire 9Z<LI>Lumatec FlashCard<LI>Red laser pointer
[/list]

In my jacket pocket I have:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>SureFire 8X[/list]

I didn't mention what's in my truck, only what's in the office with me at the moment, that I carry all the time. If I'm not at work, you can drop the briefcase stuff. When it gets too warm to wear a jacket, I'm not sure what I'll do. Who knows? By then I may have an E2, and I'll just put it in my pants pocket or on my belt. (Hey, I can dream.)
grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Photon on a chain around my neck (I only take it off to take a shower and even sleep with it...yes...I like my wife a little bit too) a Bison LED on my keychain...and a Streamlight Baton in my pocket. I have a Photon III on order and then I won`t even have to take a shower lightless.
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
On me right now...

E1 in trouser left pocket.
New M2 clipped to belt.
PhotonII on keyring in trouser right pocket.
Emmissive Energy LED on SAK ring clipped to trouser beltloop (but in back pocket)

In jacket on back of chair (was on me before I sat down) SureFire M3T, and two SureFires I can't name.

Within reach on my desk is another M3T, M6, G2, C2, 12PM and two StealthLites.

All work & have pretty much fresh batteries.

Al

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should I move this thread?? Naaaaaaaaaaa....
Anyways, day to day, at work, I use a Stinger, and Ultrastinger (but haven't used the Ultra since switching-temporarily-to day shift), and a 2-cell orange stylus.

On my keychain is a Princeton-tec LED...

In my jacket, as it's never hot in S.F., is an e-2, and i have a Surefire/Lagger-pro SRD3 surefire near the computer...

--dan

Skyline

Enlightened
Let's see...

E1 in shirt pocket
6P on belt
PhotonII on keychain
M2 in jacket pocket
Pelican Super MityLite in bag

Plus...
M3 and Pelican Mini MityLite on desk
M6 in bed headboard
Maglite 6D on floor next to bed
Pelican Aqua King Lite 8D on end table
Pelican Super MityLite, VersaBrite2, Mini Maglite in drawer

/mel
rolleyes.gif

Bucky

Enlightened
Well, I cannot match the daily output of anyone here really. While I love lights and find them very useful, I honestly do not find that much of a need for them during a normal day. Anything that I do encounter is taken care of by my GM E1 in my pocket and my Blue Photon I Covert on my keyring.

I would carry my E2 or Scorpion, but I cannot remember a single time when I could have benefitted greatly from having had them. Of course in the outdoors, the more lights the better
smile.gif
. Never a shortage of uses for them while camping/canoeing.

Bucky

mikep

Enlightened
Right now, on your person- what light(s) are you carrying? I have a scorpion in my breifcase, nothing on my person currently. Who is the most 'geared up' on a daily basis?

(please let me know if this belongs more in 'chit-caht' or somewhere else)

mikep

Enlightened
I just got my white photon and cmg infinity (more excellent service from Brightguy!). I will now always have the photon on my keyring. The infinity seems a bit big to carry every day, I'll have to see. (though I guess on a lanyard it could be used to conk a mugger on the head)

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
with me at all times....
-UKE 2AAA (side by side)
-Photon II wht.
-Pelican L1-(with hi-power lens)
-Gecko Star multicolor LED belt clip light

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
In the car SL-35X, Pelican M11, and an CMG Infinity with white LED in ashtray. On person when at work a Sure Fire 9N, Insight M3, a Stylus 2 (red) and a Lasermax laser if that counts.

Frank

Newly Enlightened
E1 in my backpack and a blue Photon on my keyring. Pretty lame compared to some of you guys.

moses

Enlightened
Whoa you guys who have so many lights on your body at one time. Mind explaining to me the rationale for so many lights? Or is there no rationale?

I find just one strong light to be adequate with maybe a led. (i.e. I carry a TACM 3. Have two but find that I need only one.) that's it. If you have one strong light and one portable LED, why do you need the in between lights? (i.e. what does a 2AA maglight really do?)

Curious.
Moses

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TTS:
In the car SL-35X, Pelican M11,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TTS, what kind of a beam does the M11 rechargeable have? I read it has 40,000 candlepower, how does the brightness compare to the SL-35X?

Greetings,
Velcro

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moses:
I find just one strong light to be adequate with maybe a led. (i.e. I carry a TACM 3. Have two but find that I need only one.) that's it. If you have one strong light and one portable LED, why do you need the in between lights? (i.e. what does a 2AA maglight really do?)

Moses
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moses,

In reference specifically to <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>(i.e. what does a 2AA maglight really do?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, you've got to have something you're willing to lend out to people. After all, you might not get it back.

Part of why I carry so many different lights is simply because of the Coolness Quotient (CQ) of each light. I'm a gadget freak, and always have been. Each light (read: toy) has its different unique features. If you'll notice, none of the LED lights I carry have the same color LED. Each of the incandescent lights I carry is also unique wrt the others. The two closest in output, the SureFires, are still different in their power source (expensive Li 123s vs. rechargeable B90 pack) as well as output.

YMMV

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point Kris, I`ve been wondering what those little Mag lights are for too. Thanks for explaining. Got to give you some stars for that one.
grin.gif

Skyline

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyclops942:
Well, you've got to have something you're willing to lend out to people.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! This is the exact reason I carry a Pelican Super MityLite in my bag. I don't mind lending it to others. Plus, it's super lightweight and doesn't bother me to carry an extra around.

/mel

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Velcro the beam of the M11 appears more white than the SL-35 but about as bright. It's also much lighter than the SL-35 and recharges much faster.

One of the reasons I carry a couple of lights is for extended runtime and light failure. I can sometimes be out all night using a light the entire time. If I only have one light and it runs dead or I drop it and the bulb breaks I'm in the dark.