Has anyone done a full Review of the New 110 Lumen Surefire E1B vs 80 lumen version ?

radiolove

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to decide if there is enough of a benefit to upgrade to the new version or just stick with my 80 lumen E1B? Has someone done any true lumen output tests and also checked the quality of the beam and tint on the new version? Anyone know which LED they used in this version? Any input on this would help, thanks​

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am interested to know too but I think even a test like this is not going to be conclusive.

Just take this as an example, I was at the dealer 3 days back testing out two S2 Stratum before buying it. I noticed that one had a tighter beam and runs brighter and the other piece is a little more floody and the hotspot looks a lot dimmer than the one that I had bought. They are of the same production batch but yet there are differences in terms of brightness.

What I am saying is between 80 and 110 lumens, the difference is so little that it may not be noticeable and considering that Surefire rates their light from the lowest performing emitter, there is a chance that the 80 lumens one might be the same in brightness or maybe brighter than the 110 lumens version which happens to be the dimmest of the 110 lumens.

dcycleman

Enlightened
I cant believe nobody has done this yet. people didnt stop talking about the e2dl upgrade for months

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
It's a small increase really and hard to see and like is posted above some new ones could even be dimmer than the olders ones thanks to output variation
from light to light. The best of the old, the worst of the new yadda yadda......

I couldn't see myself too enthusiastic about upgrading unless there is a runtime increase too. Course a review by someone who reviewed it when it came out would be nice. I guess peoples minds are on other neat new lights at the moment and not one that's already proven.

radiolove

Newly Enlightened
It's a small increase really and hard to see and like is posted above some new ones could even be dimmer than the olders ones thanks to output variation
from light to light. The best of the old, the worst of the new yadda yadda......

I couldn't see myself too enthusiastic about upgrading unless there is a runtime increase too. Course a review by someone who reviewed it when it came out would be nice. I guess peoples minds are on other neat new lights at the moment and not one that's already proven.

Well I hoped someone out there would have done some side by side comparisons by now. It just seemed to me that Surefire always under rated their lumen output and I was expecting their new 110 lumens to blow away the old 80 lumen performance. I was also wondering if someone could give me a tint quality report on the new led. Is it still pure white without any color variance?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless I'm missing something, the regular E1B is still 80 lumens.

The 110 lumen model is just part of this special edition.

I would speculate that when all of the specials are sold, it will be back to just the 80 lumen version.

Zivman

Newly Enlightened
Unless I'm missing something, the regular E1B is still 80 lumens.

The 110 lumen model is just part of this special edition.

I would speculate that when all of the specials are sold, it will be back to just the 80 lumen version.
all the e1b are now 110, not just the special edition. I don't think surefire will update their site till the remaining stock of 80 lumens e1b are gone... or at least the packaging is used up