has anyone ever won a free flashlight from surefire?

bradleyj37

Enlightened
over the past year or so i have spent countless dollars on surefire products and every time i use the registration card with the code on it. just wondering if anyone here has actually won a light and what kind it was. everyday i check my inbox hoping to see YOU WON A FREE LIGHT!!! but nothing... thanks for any input you may have. brad.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I think a CPFer won a 'true stories' SF around a year ago and posted a thread on it. That's it that I can recall...

I registered my new SF earlier this week, here's to hoping.

Edit: I guess you need to buy more lights... ;-)

bradleyj37

Enlightened
i would hate to admit but im guessing i have spent about $2500.00 in the past year, i hope i dont need to spend too much more.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won this year from the Surefire true story's but never from the registration. I won $300 gift certificate which I used to get a L4 and some battery's.

Illum

Flashaholic
over the past year or so i have spent countless dollars on surefire products and every time i use the registration card with the code on it. just wondering if anyone here has actually won a light and what kind it was. everyday i check my inbox hoping to see YOU WON A FREE LIGHT!!! but nothing... thanks for any input you may have. brad.

For some reason certain people went ahead to register for it, but left the card in place with every other article in the surefire packaging, then when they sell it the next owner wants to try it out but now they can't. Of the 5 or so cards I have, none works on arrival. If you ever sell your light with packaging, if you have registered, take 'em out and toss them will ya:whistle:

red02

Enlightened
I honestly wouldn't know what to do with a free light, even if I did win... probably sell it or give it away to someone.

They still provide warranty service without registration, right? From all the surefire stories here I've never heard of anyone having to present their reg#

red02

Enlightened
Nice, probably no reason not to register... are there any limits to what lights they give away, or is it just random?

bradleyj37

Enlightened
i have never heard of anyone actually winning a free light from registering their light. just wondering if it is a gimmick or something like that. it wont stop me from buying surefire products if i never win, it just would be nice to know there are some actual winners.

nuphoria

Newly Enlightened
Presumably registration gives them access to you as a customer for future advertising, and I'm sure they can afford to give a few lights away can't they?

It would be nice to hear that more folks had actually won something though!

computernut

Enlightened
I think I remember their being fine print about not being eligible to win if you're in Canada, but I register anyway.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have purchased maybe 20+ Surefires so far and registered at least 10 that I know of. Never won anything.

Considering how many of us here buy Surefires, most of us multiple lights like me, its kind of curious that no one has won...:confused:

I know CPF'ers aren't the only people who buy Surefire lights, but I would figure we make up a pretty fair percentage of their general-public market. I would guess non-flashaholics might buy one or MAYBE two Surefires total. I KNOW that many CPF'ers have way more Surefires than me.

Surely, someone here has to have won at some point...???

Hmmm...

Batou00159

Enlightened
Presumably registration gives them access to you as a customer for future advertising, and I'm sure they can afford to give a few lights away can't they?

It would be nice to hear that more folks had actually won something though!

entry is restricted to applicant's insid the usa only so we can but hope
icon13.gif

ELIGIBILITY. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA), AGE 21 OR OLDER as of the first calendar day in the month of the particular monthly drawing being entered. This Sweepstakes is void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. SureFire and its employees, temporary employees, independent contractors and interns as well as their immediate family members are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.

red02

Enlightened
Has anyone that registered gotten junk mail after registering?

red02

Enlightened
LOL. A true CPF'er wouldn't consider any mail from SF to be junk mail. ;-)

But seriously, I keep pretty good track of my mail and I've never rec'd any extra mail due to SF.

LOL good point, I wasn't exactly thinking about surefire. Sometimes companies exchange customer information... not the greatest question I guess.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish surefire would keep a record of who registers their flashlight and what that flashlight cost, then once they reach a certain level, say $500 US dollars, get sometype of discount, cash off, or something to reward them for spending their hard earned cash, something like bonus miles for credit card users. I guess that''s just wishful thinking though.

bradleyj37

Enlightened
I was kind of thinking the same thing with reaching a certain dollar amount, sounds like a good idea to me. So nobody even knows anybody that won a light from registering. Kind of sounds like a marketing gimmick to me, just my opinion.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
They can give away a free G2 or two every so often to everyone who registered during whatever period. The odds may not be quite as bad as winning millions in the lottery but it's not entirely surprising that nobody here reading has won it.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own some of the highest-priced Surefire lights, (X400, 10X, M6, M4, M3, M1, KROMA, U2, etc...) but I would definitely be happy to win even a simple G2. Absolutely. It doesn't have to always be an expensive light (but that would be ok as well :D)

Last edited: