Throw difference between the d mini vx vs the new Maelstorm g5

r-ice

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone had either or did a review pitting them against each other. As I am due for another thrower, I am debating against the two right now.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming you are talking about the D Mini VX Ultra with the SST-50, there is no comparison. The throw of my Maelstrom is in another class it is so much better.

Edit: If you are looking for a BIG thrower, there are better then the Malestrom G5 though.

r-ice

Newly Enlightened
thanks, no I am looking for a smaller thrower for work.
Assuming you are talking about the D Mini VX Ultra with the SST-50, there is no comparison. The throw of my Maelstrom is in another class it is so much better.

Edit: If you are looking for a BIG thrower, there are better then the Malestrom G5 though.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G5 was designed from the drawing board as a thrower that can fit in your pocket or utility belt without the discomfort of a huge turbo head.

We went through nearly a dozen reflector prototypes to obtain the results we aimed for from the beginning. It was quite a challenge to get a nice beam from 1) an XP-G and 2) a smooth reflector. The XP-G was the only choice for the kind of output we wanted and the smooth reflector was a must for getting most light into the hot spot versus the flood.

r-ice

Newly Enlightened
lol i shoulda posted it doesn't matter now. Already bought the g5 haha