My flashlight saved the day

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
Please tell your story about how your flashlight saved the day ( or night ).
How many times have you been the only person with a flashlight ( or two ) ?

:popcorn:

jacktheclipper

Enlightened
Check the story link in my sig.

Thanx carrot . I guess I was inspired by the "Absolute worst time for a flashlight to quit " thread .

That being said , I'll bet there are a lot of new CPFers ( like me )
with more stories...

By the way , I would like to thank you for your informative no-nonsense reviews . It is probably due to a cross-forum post by you that I discovered the wonderful world of Forums . Where else can you get real life information and debates on the relative merits and or disadvantages of products , their modifications , varios uses , prices and qualities .

lovecpf And what's more I Love The Forums

Learning a lot !

lovenhim

Enlightened
I was riding my Xootr kick scooter a few months ago and for the first time in 10 years I fell off of it and fractured my left elbow. Well I was in the back of the rehab place and a storm was going on. The power went out and being in the back there were no windows or doors, so it was pitch black. I had on me at the time the Preon 2. I was able to use that light to help get people in wheelchairs and canes back to the front where there were windows and light. It was not a life saving experience but it was neat to be able to help out with a nice light. It is also nice to have a multi tool or Swiss Army knife on you for similar situations. :)

ivorykid

Newly Enlightened
Some of my buddies always make fun of me for having a flashlight all the time... but they don't hesitate to ask me if they can borrow it on a daily basis!

I visit an environmental laboratory frequently, and the technicians are always having to search for "stuff" under the false floor (i.e. dropped bolts, cables, etc). They all know that I'm the one with a light. They have even waited a couple of weeks for me to return to look for the lost loot.

When I recently visited a cave, famous for the emergence of roughly 250,000 bats on summer nights, and I was the ONLY person with a light. Everyone was struggling to walk along the rocky path to the cave's mouth, much less see the bats in the pitch black sky! Everyone was very appreciative to have been able to see the spectacle... and walk back to the paved road without doing a face-plant on the lose shale.

I can't say that my lights have saved any lives... but they have made many events much more enjoyable!