Problem with my new RA Clicky

DevilCat

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm brand new to CPF and these custom lights and I'm having trouble with my Ra Clicky.

I bought it and used it once or twice, but I keep it in my nightstand incase I need it. Well, 2 weeks ago I went to use it and the battery was dead. I figured that the battery was weak when the light shipped, so I bought more batteries and put one in the light. I checked it to make sure that it worked (It did) and I put it back in my drawer. Yesterday I went to use it and the battery is dead.

Am I missing something, or is this flashlight draining the batter when it's turned off. I'm not thrilled at this point.

Thanks for any help!

Johnny

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Some HDS have or had a battery drain issue, yours seems to be unfortunately one of those...

Please contact Henry directly, you have to return the light to him and he'll take care of you and your light!

That's a very bad start indeed, you have been very unlucky, but you'll enjoy your Clicky once it gets back to you and drains the cell even faster than before, because you'll use it all the time! :D

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem lies with a faulty capacitor. I had the same problem too. Just call or email Henry of HDS Systems and he would sort it out for you. Do note that this issue is very much an isolated one and I have only heard of a few reported out of more than 10 thousand pieces made.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of mine (EDC 120 E) has the same problem too. A fresh primary cell goes to zero in 3/4 months. I keep the light without a battery inside because I do not want to send it back to the US with the risk of it getting lost along the way.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of mine (EDC 120 E) has the same problem too. A fresh primary cell goes to zero in 3/4 months. I keep the light without a battery inside because I do not want to send it back to the US with the risk of it getting lost along the way.

I couldn't hold on to mine like you did because a freshly charged AW RCR123 measuring 4.15v went down to 0.8v overnight. So at the risk of loosing it I had to send it back to Henry.

DevilCat

Newly Enlightened
Thank you!

Henry has contacted me and asked that I return the light so that he can fix the problem. I figured that I had set some code that was causing the problem.

Great site here!

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any e-mail address to contact Henry? The website seems down... My high CRI clicky now has this problem. The first two batteries were OK but the two last drained in less than 3 weeks without use.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The website is:

http://hdssystems.com/

Previous URLs (ralights.com and hdslights.com) are dead. Email address is listed on the "Contact Us" page.

Incidentally, I just got done having my light repaired since it was exhibiting the infamous battery drain issue. Turnaround time was several weeks, but now it's back in my hands good as new.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
Mine went back to Henry for the parasitic drain issue &, if I'm not mistaken, it is brighter and whiter than when I sent it (?). I'm not complaining though - What can I say other than, "Thank you Henry". Turn-around time was lickety-split too, 3 weeks back in my hand, in Australia not to mention Aust. Post and Customs; three weeks to the day, amazing! I honestly think we at CPF really should think of Henry as Family. :goodjob: