Check This!

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered Romisen RC-2R4 II R5 LED flashlight ,Romisen RC-N3 CREE R4 LED, and Flashlight Romisen RC-G2 II Cree Q5 Flashlight from Shining Beam. What you guys think? Let me know!

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
I have those -- got the 2r4 II R5 just today. They are very nice. I like Romisen and have built a small collection -- all from Shiningbeam except an older P4 from DX.

The Rc-G2s are impressive. They have a good spot and throw, and also nice spill, and are brighter than I might have expected. I bought a second warm white I liked it so much, but the Q5 is too bright for a small light :duck::crackup: -- no, seriously, I just really like the tint and it's bright enough for most everything I need, and doesn't blind me too much.

The RC-N3 has good throw and spill too, more throw than the RC-G2, and I like being able to use AAs in it as well as CR123.

The 2R4 is significantly brighter than the others -- less bright with a lithium ion rechargable than primaries, but still brighter. It's not as bright as my ITP C6, though, so I'm thinking the 350 lumen rating is LED or power while the ITP is out the front -- but it's not bad at all. It also fits in my pocket (which the ITP doesn't quite, comfortably).

All of them have good beams, good transition with no rings or dark spots, and good spill, and the switch feel is excellent.

The 2R4 box says 3v-8v -- I suppose the voltage range. Bryan says on the web site not to use RCR123 -- and I'm guessing because peak on those runs over 4 volts (4.1? so 8.2 V off the charger), but I'm wondering if LiFePO4 could be used since peak on those is supposed to 3.6 volts, I read.

Romisens remind me of the 'old reliable' Chevy cars -- not real fancy or the best around but a solid value for a good price. I have no regrets and would buy Romisen again -- at least from Shiningbeam, which are a cut above the ones from other suppliers. These are the first lights I grab when a raccoon invades the yard or I hear a noise -- easy, no-nonsense, user interface and reliable, and fit well in the hand.