6P LED clone on eBay any good?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came across this on eBay and was wondering:

1. Is it any good?
2. Comprable brightness to an X5T?
3. Any of the parts interchangeable with a stock 6P?

Or, is it a total waste and should I stay away?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, that is the same body but this one on eBay has LED's instead of an incandescent bulb.

I would still like to know if it's parts (barrel, tailcap, etc.) are interchangeable with a stock 6P...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That flashlight looks like a piece of {vulgar term for feces} to me. I don't know if any of its parts are interchangeable with those on a 6P, because I don't have one of those.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
The incandescent version was kindly donated by a fellow CPF'er and after taking it apart and checking it out I must say that in this format at least, it is indeed the epitome of POS-ness.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought and quickly sold the incandescent version primarily because I didn't like the narrow and apparently imbedded reflector. The beam wasn't particularly bright or well focused either.

As a 5 LED alternative to the X5T it appears to be less attractive, but it certainly is cheaper. I would probably rather have this 5 LED light than most of the 3AA 4, 5 and 6 LED lights I've bought over the last year.

The construction of the incandescent looked like it a screw-in module like that of the PM6, but it may have been permanently installed. I have no idea of how one would acquire, yet alone replace the incandescent. It might be neat if the 5LED unit with resistor screwed into the body.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
yclo said:
Say Charlie, how come you got to check it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey what can I say? I'm just a popular guy. Seriously, they wanted me to check out the possibility of a mod, I think...