Discovery Channel hostage situation

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Even though I doubt that any of the Silver Springs, MD authorities will see this, I wanted to voice my great appreciation for the outstanding job they did today. They dealt with a very dangerous situation and managed to keep all of the hostages safe throughout the incident. My hat is off to all of the men and women who pulled this off.
:clap:

fyrstormer

Banned
Those could both be useful tactics for escaping a hostage situation, though. Even if you couldn't slide away from the assailant fast enough, they still wouldn't come after you because who'd want a hostage who eats live animals? :sick2:

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I've struggling with the desire to insert an Al Gore joke here, but can come up with nothing that wouldn't get me in trouble.

Anyway major kudos to the officers involved- always a tough situation during and afterwards, I'm guessing.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm guessing that one of the SWAT team members inside the building was the one who took down the attacker as an eyewitness said there was a 'pop' as opposed to the crash of a breaking window. This means they must have had extraordinary patience, restraint and raw courage.