ZL SC50w - D10 Camo - ZL H51...

Ian2381

Enlightened
Before I carry cheap headlamps and the latest I tried in a mt hiking trip is a Quark Mini AA on a headband. Now I wanted to try something new...

My SC50 and D10 has yet to be tested on a hiking trip and now I just pulled the trigger on a ZL H51.

Do you guys think I made a good choice?

I Just thought a headlamp at the side of the head is affecting my vision to the point that it irritates me, does anyone feels the same way?

Thanks

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I carry cheap headlamps and the latest I tried in a mt hiking trip is a Quark Mini AA on a headband. Now I wanted to try something new...

My SC50 and D10 has yet to be tested on a hiking trip and now I just pulled the trigger on a ZL H51.

Do you guys think I made a good choice?

I Just thought a headlamp at the side of the head is affecting my vision to the point that it irritates me, does anyone feels the same way?

Thanks

Sounds like good choices to me... The SC50 should be more floody while the D10 more throwy; a good complement to each other. For hiking the H51 should work well since it will have a hotspot and throw compared to the uniform output of the earlier ZL's which really aren't good for much beyond 10 - 12 ft even on max.

Yes, having the light to the side bugs me... I much prefer it in front or on top. Makes it easier to aim, and once you get it adjusted right, it's always pointing right where you look, instead of a little to one side, etc. Only drawback is you loose a little depth perception that way; on the side gives a boost to good depth perception. That's why I also now buy neutral lights almost exclusively, as they give better depth perception than cool whites, and for the most part, better color rendition as well.