Browning LED

Nimble1

Newly Enlightened
I am a flashlight junkie as are most of you reading this. I have been a member for a while just lurking but thought I would post about my new Browning Model 5301 LED light.
Now I have lots of lights, mostly cheap ones but a few nice ones too, 2 Pelican SabreLite 2000's...one is a LED version,and a recent acquisition an Inova T4 rechargeable. So, I really didn't need the Browning but I like that fact that it uses AA's. Planning a trip out of the US in March and think that finding AA's should be easy.

Specs for the Browning:
All-aluminum construction with walnut or black resin handle inlays
Latest generation Cree® XPE LED is rated for 50,000 hours use
High-low electronic switch with lock-out
O-ring sealed for water-resistance
Includes lanyard and two AA batteries
Length - 5.25"
Brightness: 145 lumens
Effective distance: 150 meters

It appears to be very well made and at Ansi rated 145 lumens, quite bright. Although it does nothing, I am fond of the walnut inlay with the Browning logo engraved on it. I really like the two grip panels on the side of the barrel too..should be easy to hold on to.
I am not sure of the battery life but will let you know as I use it.
Tom

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I've seen Browning units in gun and outdoors stores and I'm sure they're fine lights. Browning of course will have found a decent flashlight made by someone else and have put their name on it but certainly would not risk their reputation on a bad light. The AA batteries are going to be a plus if you need to replace the batteries unexpectedly. If I haven't bought a Browning myself, it's because I tend to buy at the low and high end of the price range, according to the use I am going to put the unit.

Chadder

Enlightened
I have the browning tactical hunter alpha. It is a 1AA light that is about 75 lumens. It is a pretty good light. It is one of my night stand lights. I wish I would have gotten the alpha max. It is the same light with cree and is about 107 lumens.

Nimble1

Newly Enlightened
Mr.Bigglow, that was my thought exactly..I did not think that Browning would market junk. And obviously they contracted with someone to build the light. Wonder who?
I was curious about the fact that they claim they are measuring lumens according to a new Ansi standard. Will all lights soon be following or are they already?

Hi-Power-Gun-Finish-Matte-Black-Model-5301.jpg