changing led question

look171

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I am brand new here. Two weeks ago, I lost a brand new Stinger flashlight. So off to Target I go because I need a light to see something and it was getting late. I purchased a flashlight by a company called Life Gear. It does an ok job. Yesterday, I search around and find that there are many other much more powerful lights then my stingers of the past. Then I found this place with a wealth of info. Can I swap out the led on my Life Gear light with a more powerful LED? I have no idea how to go about doing this and know nothing about them other then to assume just changing out a bulb like the past? Am I wrong. CAn someone help. It uses 2 C size batteries. It does an ok job up to about 40'. I need to to be to see 50' or so of detail under a house or attic. I am tired of crawing 30' just so that I can see what's going on. If a light would do the job, without having to go in. That would really make my day. I really like tha size of the Life gear.

I hope this is the right forum to ask this.

Thanks,
Jeff

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, look171 :)

B/S/T is for transactions only, so I'll move your thread to H&M where you should get some helpful advice.