A mistake I won't regret.

doubleshot

Newly Enlightened
Hey there,

I decided to get myself a light, after a 7.1 earthquake you think about these things.
Google.
Fenix.
CandlePowerForums.
PD10 Ti.
That's the one for me.. check.. recheck.. rerecheck.. check.

Could I find one anywhere? Russia, 5000rup. No way that's a little to steep. None left in the world, wasn't there only 1000 made? Darn.

Looked for similar specifications... enter 4sevens.

Quark 123... sweet, nice lookin light! That's the one for me.. check.. recheck.. rerecheck.. check. Ordered it.

Browsing the web a day later I noticed I'd only searched for PD10 Ti not PD10 Titan... oh what's this on my nations version of e-bay (trademe). You guessed it PD10 Ti. Two minutes later I was the owner.

They've now both arrived. They are awesome.

The function of the Quark 123 is the best, I love the clicky/twisty combo, moonlight setting and the strobe.

The design of the PD10 Ti is the best, I love the titanium, the size (just a little smaller than the 123) and the appearance.

Don't think I'll ever go to the Quark minis, proportionally they don't do it for me.

Anyhow that's my story. Oh and I used the CPF8 discount with 4sevens and wasn't a member of CPF. I didn't realise at the time that was a requirement. They let me have it and suggested I join. I wasn't so sure but I thought, I did so much research on this site I owed you guys/gals a story.

So an earthquake, a discount I wasn't suppose to use, a mistake, two awesome flashlights.

Cheers guys/gals, for all the advice on the forums.

Now all I need to know is what to buy next?

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
I love my basic black PD10... but I'd love it even more if it was titanium :D

738125642_wCCQf-L.jpg

BarryG

Enlightened
:welcome:
You have been warned, your wallet will hate you and lights will take over your life!!!
On a happy note, it's always fun to blow your buddies Mags away with a itty bity little light:nana:.
Enjoy your new toys!

Barry

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now all I need to know is what to buy next?
Earthquake? Where? Last big shaker we had around here (San Francisco) was the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989. 6.9 on the Richter scale. I didn't even duck and cover. :oops:

You might want to look at the 4Sevens Preon ReVO as it is a really small light that you can take everywhere with you and runs for a very long time on commonly available AAA batteries on low. It is so small and light weight that you won't even know it's in your pocket or hanging from your keychain. Having a light on you when you need it is more important than any crazy features or super output or fancy finish if it is sitting at home because it is too large to carry.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my basic black PD10... but I'd love it even more if it was titanium :D

Is the Ti PD10 worth picking up? My local supply store has a mint one behind the counter that I occasionally ponder when I stop by, but I've never been able to justify buying it as I just won't use it.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wanted a PD10 Titan for a while, then I found one :thumbsup:. Shortly after I discovered SPY's and McGizmo's :twothumbs. The PD10 Titan has sat in its box in a dark closet :(. It was not worthy of being displayed with the SPY's/ McGizmo's or Gatlights:(:(. I recently bought five Pelican Cases for my lights and a nice place to put my PD10 Titan and friends :grouphug:. It is very much like a Quark 123 but a little prettier :whistle:. It was a purchase that I won't regret :grin2:

righttoown

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:
You have been warned, your wallet will hate you and lights will take over your life!!!
On a happy note, it's always fun to blow your buddies Mags away with a itty bity little light:nana:.
Enjoy your new toys!

Barry
Man, Your right about that!

doubleshot

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, Christchurch, NZ.

At least I now have something to keep my mind off the 700+ aftershocks we've had.

calipsoii: PD10 Ti, I have no idea regarding collectability, I'm using mine.

The Preon ReVO is a nice looking light. I'm thinking I might wait a while before I purchase any more otherwise I could just keep going... Fenix E10 Aluminum... I thought I might wait until there's a decent advancement in the actual LED... They all seem to be coming out with the Cree XP-G R5 at the mo' how long does it usually take for them to release a new LED? or will the XP-G R5 be with us for a couple of years yet?

wantsusa

Newly Enlightened
Heh PCC, I didn't duck and cover in the Loma Prieta Quake either, at first the lamp behind the couch was shaking a little and I was like oops musta sat down to fast and hit it...turned back to the game and was like...huh it is shaking again, finally realized it was a decent quake when the tv screen started getting fuzzy..dog only slowly woke up when I went onto the porch to ride out the rest of the shaking and didn't seem to even care about the quake. We got lucky on that one...the next one...hmm I would probably end up spending many hours working after so my little collection of flashlights would have more use, yeah!

You won't stop with just 2 flashlights...or 3....this place is addictive!

Now to wait for my 38DD!

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
Is the Ti PD10 worth picking up? My local supply store has a mint one behind the counter that I occasionally ponder when I stop by, but I've never been able to justify buying it as I just won't use it.

If it was my decision I'd buy it purely from an aesthetic perspective. My plain black one suits my needs perfectly, but the Ti would satisfy my wants :D